Recommend Heads

jamesB1996

Looking to change all the heads on my kit, set is 16x18 Bass Drum,8x10 Tom,10x12 Floor tom,4x12 Snare. Currently got ambassadors on snare and both toms and stock mapex head on bass drum clear single ply with dampening ring. Play mostly punk/rock and would like to know your recommendation on which heads would give me the best sound for this music considering the small sizes of the drums. Thanks.

Those are very small drums to be playing rock, let alone punk rock. For punk rock though, I would suggest Remo black dots on everything (except the snare side head of course).

You sure that 18x16 aint a floor tom haha? If your having a problem with the toms being too high, which I imagine since theyre smaller, trying going with the new Black Chrome heads by evans. For a snare head, I like to use a simple G1 coated and it gives a good ring for loud rock.

I have a Sonor Safari kit with a 16 x 16 bass drum.
I used a Black Chrome for the batter head and kept the reso stock, inserting a muffler strip on each side.
The BC really brought out the lows on the drum compared to the stock head and it is very easy to tune up or down.

Back