smooth white remos for reso heads

double_G

Silver Member
i am about to re-head my birch / mahog Yamaha kit w/ smooth white remo resonant heads w/ coated amabassadors batters. the smooth whites are 9.5 mill vs. 10 mill clear ambassadors.

anyone ever run these & what do you think ?

I use them under Coated Super 2's. They seem to have a bright, warm sound, and they always look great. That's the main reason I got them.

As bottom heads, Remo Smooth White heads are a bit less ringy/open than a Clear Amb., but not as controlled as a coated.

They're nice heads, and work great if you want something in between in openness.

I wish they made 10 mil smooth white single ply heads

Larry, you are in luck...
Direct from Remo's site;

Ambassador
The Smooth White™ Ambassador® heads are medium-weight heads made with a single-ply 10-mil Mylar® film to produce open, warm resonant sounds with a warm attack. Smooth White™ Ambassador® drumheads are great for all playing situations and are an industry standard for marching bass drum applications.

also forgot to mention i am also running a smooth white PS3 for my bass drum resonant side & coated PS3 batter (what yamaha ships as factory heads for the club customs). so looking forward to tuning everything wide open & see what happens. kit specs are 1988 Yamaha Tour Custom w/ Birch/Philippine Mahogany shells in 7 Ply.10 x 8 (YESS mount kit), 12 x 9 (YESS kit and custom chop from '88 12 x 12 turbo ebay drum), 14 x 14 floor tom ('88 ebay drum), 22 x 14. then i have an extra '88 14 x 14 turbo tom from ebay that i am gonna turn into 1-2 snares or a snare & a timbalito.

Back