Qustion about switching beaters on DW pedals

I have a DW 9000 double pedal and have finaly convinced myself myself that the beaters it came with are quite heavy....I was thinking about replacing them with some lighter beaters...any recomendations?. I was thinking axis or iron cobra

I just switched the beater on my 9000 to a regular Danmar round felt beater, definitely changed the feel for the better.

I switched the beaters on my DW 9000 double last year for two DW small felt beaters (DWSM103). They are smaller and lighter than a regular felt beater, but the adjustable counter-weight allows you to tailor the feel as needed. I play mostly metal music and have been very happy with this set-up.

I have a DW 9000 double pedal and have finaly convinced myself myself that the beaters it came with are quite heavy....I was thinking about replacing them with some lighter beaters...any recomendations?. I was thinking axis or iron cobra
I went from Pearl Quads, which are extremely heavy, to Yamaha round felt beaters and haven't looked back. They're medium weight though, so that might not be what you're looking for. The best light beaters out there are Iron Cobra beaters. They're super light and have plenty of volume and attack. I'd stick with the felt ones though. The Axis beaters are POS. They're a complete waste of money.

I just changed my beater on my dw 5000 from the orig. beater to the new style dynamic beater.

The beater is dynamic the harder you use it, the beater has a hard plastic or wood sound the softer you use it it has more of a soft wool type of sound with the adjustable weight it works well for me since one of my 4 piece kits has a 20" bass drum & my other 4 piece has a 24" bass drum which makes it play the same which can be a issue from switching from smaller bass drums to larger bass drums.

I recommend it strongly,
Bonzolead

Attachments

• dw beater.jpg
    dw beater.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 180
I just changed my beater on my dw 5000 from the orig. beater to the new style dynamic beater.

The beater is dynamic the harder you use it, the beater a like a hard plastic or wood sound the softer you use it it has more of a soft wool type of sound with the adjustable weight it works well for me since one of my 4 piece kits has a 20" bass drum & my other 4 piece has a 24" bass drum which makes it play the same which can be a issue from switching from smaller bass drums to larger bass drums.

I recommend it strongly,
Bonzolead
I hit my kicks hard the majority of the time and can't stand hard beaters, so I can't imagine that working well for me lol.

I hit my kicks hard the majority of the time and can't stand hard beaters, so I can't imagine that working well for me lol.

Hey I understand I'm a hard hitter myself and don't. like the feel of a hard beater and I jam everything from ballads to mosh LOL

I don't. have the name Bonzolead for nothing LMAO

Seriously try it before you make you purchase.

Bonzolead

I actually picked up a couple of Stagg two-sided beaters a few years ago, needing something in a hurry and liking the price. To my surprise, they have held up as well as my Danmar beaters (and better than my DW beaters, which lost their felts after a while). And they are very very light.

Picture

Back