What's a good video editing resource?

hendecahedron

I have some videos of myself in action that I'd like to post up for my fellow drummer's review/advise. The thing is that these videos are too long and would like to split them in sections so I can show you the... interesting parts (no need to show you my crazy antics).

So what's good out there? What about Windows movie maker?

I use windows movie maker, but the latency gets horrible if you try to splice audio files with your video. That and every now and then it'll force quit on me. Other than that, i think WMM is alright.

I wouldn't touch Windows Movie Maker with a five yard stick... A good cheap alternative for the Windows environment would be the Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9, which costs around 27€ (or $35) when you download it from Sony's site.

I have used Pinnacle Studio. It's pretty affordable and I did a family home movie cut in with pics and background music and it came off really good. However, you do need a banging processor.

There are better apps out there, but you will pay for them.

I'm actually a fan of Sony products, so I'll give that software a spin and see how it goes. Thanks, dudes! I'll post up my stuff shortly.

Back