Which one?

LedFoot65

Head Questions with no end...
Just curious if you can only pick from these two. Which would you use Aquarian or Evans?

I love the sound of Remo but I recently put a new CS black dot underneath on my snare and it didn't fit. It was warped if I pushed down on one side the other side popped up. This happened to me twice with CS heads and once with a Ambassador . I got a hold of an Evans and an Aquarian head they fit fine. I called Remo and they told me to send them a picture of head sitting on the snare. They sent me 2 new CS heads for free. One head sat so so but the other was the same problem. I don't know why? My kit is a Tama Starclassic Performer that's in great condition. What's up with Remo?

I like the CS dot but also use the PC reverse dot from Evans. Both good choices. As far as Remo quality control I've had one issue in the last 10 years. Same with Evans.

I use Evans on my set and on our church's set, which used to be mine. I like everything about Evans and see no reason to change. The other head makers produce very good heads though. Peace and goodwill.

Just curious if you can only pick from these two. Which would you use Aquarian or Evans?

Aquarian all the way, they sound better, last longer, usually cheaper in price and the best customer service in the industry.

no evans head has ever been able to fit the sound im looking for, aquarian has nailed it almost every time. Ive never come close to breaking an aquarian, in one marching season alone my group (the tenor line) broke a total of over 20 drum heads from evans (season lasts august- early november, do the math and you get about 2 heads a week) I would play animal hide drum heads before evans (maybe not THAT bad...), aquarian is awesome! Before i went to aquarian i was partial to the pinstripes and cs coated from remo, never head any problems with any heads not fitting. Now i use texture coated on snare, sk1 and regulator (ported, 4 inch) and performance IIs on the toms, love it sound wise, plus the heads look cool!

Started with Remo but have been using Evans for the last 28 years or so. They sound fantastic, last a very, very long time and are always available when I need them.

I have to admit, my curiosity has grown to try Aquarian heads but they are not readily available to me from my local shops. Right now, I'm in love with the HD snare head.

That's the problem I have with Aquarian. You just can't walk into a store and pick them up they have to be ordered. I always liked what Aquarian sound like on the Internet . Evans are available in any music store. So do I order or not ? I'll have to decide. I don't like waiting.

Back