Sad news today.

Biscuit

I realize this is a drum forum but all of us here are musicians no matter what instrument we play. I learned today that former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Star died. I'm not entirely shure of what but i would assume it was because of drugs.

Alice was IMO the best of the grunge bands back in the 90's and i always enjoyed to listen to Mike play. So sad that this man tried to clean himself up on Celebrity Rehab but he was also so guilt ridden over Laynes' death that he set himself up on a course to die himself...RIP Mike.

Yeah, my bass player is pretty bummed. There has been a good bunch of bass players pass as of late. R.I.P. bros.

Yes, very sad indeed.

It seems he really struggled with getting over his issues from the past; battling drug addiction as well as dealing with not being in a successful band anymore.

My sister-in-law, who is a cop near Seattle, met him a few years back on a call. (He actually called about one of his neighbors or something.) They spoke for a little bit and she could tell he was really strung out on something. He asked if she had ever heard of Alice in Chains and said he used to be the bass player for them. She didn't believe him at first until she saw his place. He apparently had Alice in Chains memorabilia all over his apartment...and little else.

It was sad then to hear someone once so successful was living in such a place. Unfortunately, that is a common story.

RIP Mike

Yes, very sad indeed.

It seems he really struggled with getting over his issues from the past; battling drug addiction as well as dealing with not being in a successful band anymore.

My sister-in-law, who is a cop near Seattle, met him a few years back on a call. (He actually called about one of his neighbors or something.) They spoke for a little bit and she could tell he was really strung out on something. He asked if she had ever heard of Alice in Chains and said he used to be the bass player for them. She didn't believe him at first until she saw his place. He apparently had Alice in Chains memorabilia all over his apartment...and little else.

It was sad then to hear someone once so successful was living in such a place. Unfortunately, that is a common story.

RIP Mike

That's terrible, well you can imagine what all the money went on. RIP mike. 2 people from such a great band dying before their time. Sad.

Back