Show mw pictures of your RMV and Odery kits !!

I have found a few cool people with RMV kits ... looking for more pictures. Here are a few new pics of mine. I absolutely love the way these drums sound.

RMV14-29.jpg

RMV4-29.jpg

RMV34-29.jpg

Thanks dude! Ya that yellow really is the natural color of the Bapeva Brazilian Maple wood. The unfinished inside of the shells are the same shade of satin yellow. It's different for sure.

18x22 bass
8,10 & 12 racks toms
14" floor on the left 16" on the right
20" gong drum home built from a RMV bass drum
Ahead 6x14 black on brass snare (I have the matching 5.5x14 RMV maple snare)
Black powder coated RMV cymbal booms, snare and hi-hat stands
Pearl Eliminator belt drives

Cymbals:
Paiste 17" and 18" full crashes
Paiste Dimensions Power Hats
Paiste 17" Wild Crash
Sabian APX Ozone 16" crash
9" LP brass bell
Zildjian 20" K Custom Dry Ride

Some of the cymbals pictured are just my beater practice crashes and hats.
RMV54-29.jpg

Very cool kit. I normally don't like black hardware or anything yellow, but in this case it totally works. Maybe because the black hw contrasts well with the Bapeva's yellowish color. And it's unique. You don't see too many RMV kits.

One question. Why RMV and Odery kits? Are they related? Both from Brazil?

I can post my odery kit, well, ex odery kit, I don't own it anymore. Now that I had gone through the pics I have of this kit my heart aches!

Alright, please, save me from the Why Did You Sell it? One sole reason. I live in a apt and I need to practice, sold I sold it, got a TD20 and a nice, but gigable set. It was tough, but necessary.

105.jpg

208.jpg

065.jpg

odery.jpg

amontadda018.jpg

amontadda007.jpg

odery016a.jpg

odery001.jpg

odery013a.jpg

drum12048.jpg

drum12012.jpg

drum12031.jpg

Wooow, those kits are great. I love big kits. The Odery looks very special. You have posted pictures before, didn't you. It's a shame you had to sell it.

That Odery looks amazing, love the wood finish with the matching hardware. Must have sounded beautiful, pity you have to get rid of them. I'm sure they went to good home

Hey stripchase, welcome to the forum, i remember you from the ddrum forum with your black fade dominion kit! Still rockin' the RMV? I've been looking around for one of those , still have never even seen one, i remember you like swore by the sound of yours.

I can post my odery kit, well, ex odery kit, I don't own it anymore. Now that I had gone through the pics I have of this kit my heart aches!

Alright, please, save me from the Why Did You Sell it? One sole reason. I live in a apt and I need to practice, sold I sold it, got a TD20 and a nice, but gigable set. It was tough, but necessary.

Aw, dude, that was a gorgeous kit. I would have cried.

Wow .. those Odery's are insanely beautiful. Thanks for posting those pictures I'll bet you miss them dearly. Wood hoop kits always make me drool.

Yes RMV and Odery both out of Brazil. You can still get Odery in the US but they are very expensive. RMV doesn't distribute int he US anymore but are common in S. America and gaining popularity in parts of Europe these days. I see a complete shell pack pop up on Ebay once in a great while and they usually sell for $500-$700 + shipping.

Whats up Diosdude? Yep .. that was me on the ddrum forum. I sold my blackburst ash kit to buy my RMV's but I've since scraped up some change for another Dominion Pocket Maple kit in tequila sparkle. Here are a couple pics of it. I mainly use this Ddrum kit for bar gigs with small stages to set up. The 20x20 kick sounds amazing and the finish looks awesome under any lighting.
Eloys3.jpg

DDRUM015.jpg

Damn I feel strange just to think that someone has an beautiful out of the ordinary Odery (one my two Dream kit, the other being Brady) and have to sell them. I dig them very much, I would never get apart from such kit even living in an apartment, it would be part of my furnitures. I hope you miss them deeply because I'd do. :p

Beautiful! I love that color on the Ddrum.
and the Odery...
don't even get me started. That beast is mouth watering.
Great kits, dude.

That is a mouth watering kit you have there.

And the odery kit, i'd of cried if i was selling it, its a beautiful looking kit and bet sounded amazing.

I keep coming back and looking at this Odery kit. Now I need to go hear one somewhere cause I want one. If it sounds nearly as good as it looks ... I gotta have one some day. Not sure it fits in with the hard rock style of music my band plays right now though.

The 20x20 kick sounds amazing and the finish looks awesome under any lighting.

what tuning/muffling/skin are you using for the kick?

i recently got a 20x20 maple with 2 front ports and im having a bitch of a time making it sound great to me. every sound guy iv used it with has complimented me on it, it just hasnt been making me super happy

i play punk rock, asnd want something with some balls, but without the giant thud you get from big kicks.. something punchier

what tuning/muffling/skin are you using for the kick?

i recently got a 20x20 maple with 2 front ports and im having a bitch of a time making it sound great to me. every sound guy iv used it with has complimented me on it, it just hasnt been making me super happy

i play punk rock, asnd want something with some balls, but without the giant thud you get from big kicks.. something punchier

Ya ... your not going to get a lot of BALLS with a double ported 20" shell. I have only had this kit for about 6 months or so and I have not experimented at all but with an SKII batter ... orig DDRUM unported reso and no muffling whatsoever, my kick sounds phenominal. It's punchy but does have some sustain. My only beef is that when I mic it at gigs I have to be careful not to have any of my bandmates cabinets or even the monitors too close or the mic will pic them up. Otherwise I am using a Shure Beta 52A and i place it right up to the head so it's almost touching. Works well for me.

Re: Show me pictures of your RMV and Odery kits !!

I'm most likely picking up a 4-piece (14" x 5" snare, 13", 16" and 24" kick) RMV in blue sparkle in the next few days for $600 with cases and two yamaha stands. It's apparently a stadium series, anyone know anything about it? I haven't been successful in my research.
I'll post some pictures when it's in my hands. Can't wait, I've heard so many good things.

Back