my AWESOME new heads!

805Drummer

Gold Member
Well, here it goes. You guys suggested a bunch of Evans stuff, but I talked to the Guitar Center guy, and came out with the decision to get these:

*drum roll, please*

Pic0421.jpg

Pic0419.jpg

What are they, you might ask?

Pic0420.jpg

Pic0422.jpg

The sound? AAAAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAAZZZIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG.

Well, here it goes. You guys suggested a bunch of Evans stuff, but I talked to the Guitar Center guy, and came out with the decision to get these:

*drum roll, please*

Pic0421.jpg

Pic0419.jpg

What are they, you might ask?

Pic0420.jpg

Pic0422.jpg

The sound? AAAAAAAAAMMMMMAAAAAZZZIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG.

Glad you like them, Performance II isn't my cup of tea but if I was an hard hitter, the Hi-energy would certainly be on many of my snare drums.

Glad you like them, Performance II isn't my cup of tea but if I was an hard hitter, the Hi-energy would certainly be on many of my snare drums.

Yeah, I agree. I was about to say this, but I wanted to hear comments first: The Performance II is really quiet. Like, quieter than my stock. But with good tuning, it sounds like "BOOooom."

Primarily being into metal i bought some of these a couple of years ago and for that deep booming sound a think they sound brill,even though they are indeed quietish. But i loved the sound,since then my musical tastes have broadened and i now use ambassadors,but if you like that deep sound with no ringing whatsoever the performance 2s are awesome. I havent experienced the hi-energy though,but congrats on the new heads!

Primarily being into metal i bought some of these a couple of years ago and for that deep booming sound a think they sound brill,even though they are indeed quietish. But i loved the sound,since then my musical tastes have broadened and i now use ambassadors,but if you like that deep sound with no ringing whatsoever the performance 2s are awesome. I havent experienced the hi-energy though,but congrats on the new heads!

Yeah, it's a huge difference between the two---the performance II is super-quiet, but the hi-energy is so loud, that I have a terrible headache and can't play my drums right now.

The Hi-Energy is a really nice sounding snare head.

The Perf.2's aren't my thing, but, I do think it's cool that you can play them hard or soft and get the same sound, just louder or quieter.

Aquarian makes high quality products, and stand behind them 100%, too bad they don't work for me because Roy is a great guy and it'd be nice to buy his product.

They just don't work for me since they changed the film (about 8 years ago), but if they work for YOU, that's great.

One great sounding head is the Carmine Appice snare head, and the CA tom heads are real cool too.
If you peel off the outer X-Ring you get more resonance, but not more 'ring'.

Have fun with the new skins

Cool heads. Ive never really tried aquarian, but i think i definitley should give them a shot. Im in dire need of them anyways.

The Guys at GC are mostly younger and into metal so if that's your cup of tea then I think you made a good choice. Keep trying them to you fiond what you like.

Back