Snow Leopard for Mac

bobdadruma

Platinum Member
Snow leopard for Mac, Has anyone upgraded to it yet? What are you're thoughts?

Hi Bob, yep. Upgraded my iMac from Tiger, but run a Macbook pro on Leopard.
Increase in speed from Tiger to Snow leopard is fairly noticeable.
More appealing for me though is the release of space on the hard drive. I managed to free 7gb which is fairly substantial.
I bought the box set, which is required to run iTunes and iPhoto.
Well worthwhile.

I did my iMac and my MacBook last night and will do my Mac MIni tomorrow. A lot of subtle changes behind the scenes but I have to stay up to date. The flash player is an old virus vulnerable version. You need to upgrade to version 10.0.32.18. This can be found for Mac at the Adobe website.

If you're running Leopard, it's a £20 upgrade in the UK. I suggest you give it a go.

I have to buy the box set however because I'm running Tiger.

I've heard the jump from Leopard to Snow Leopard isn't all that impressive, but I'm actually running 10.4.11 Tiger at the moment. How much more expensive would it be for me to upgrade, and how different would it be? Anyone?
Thanks.

£120 for the full box set I think. If you're upgrading from Tiger then you'll have to get that.

There are a lot of subtle changes in Snow Leopard but the one that impresses me is the restructuring which frees up 7 gig of the hard drive. For a laptop that's a bunch.

If you're running Leopard, it's a £20 upgrade in the UK. I suggest you give it a go.

There are a lot of subtle changes in Snow Leopard but the one that impresses me is the restructuring which frees up 7 gig of the hard drive. For a laptop that's a bunch.

Hmm I think I will give it a go actually. I expected it to be more than that. That's why I hadn't really looked into the price. And the extra hard drive space is impressive.

Has anyone linked Snow Leopard with Microsoft Office for Mac yet? I'm interested in that feature. It would be nice to link my Microsoft ical, address book, and email software.
I've been running 10.5.8 Leopard. I would be upgrading from that OS X system.

Hmm I think I will give it a go actually. I expected it to be more than that. That's why I hadn't really looked into the price. And the extra hard drive space is impressive.

It gets even better, if you've got one bought after june i think it's supposed to be something like £8 for an upgrade. Of course i don't have a mac but i'm upgrading to windows 7 when it comes out.

Apparently it's perfectly possible to install 10.6 directly over 10.4. Apple have made no provision to prevent you technically doing this, although it does breach the EULA licence. I'm going to buy the full box set and install it. I want the other bits anyway. The 10.6 upgrade disk is £25.

OK Gang! I didn't want this to become a Mac vs PC thread. I'm simply pondering if it is worth it for me to spend the thirty bucks to upgrade right now.
So far Snow leopard looks pretty good. 64 bit offering faster speed and higher security (YES! Mac's can get attacked also!), Loads of memory being freed up is always good, Microsoft Exchange Server support! improved Quick Time ( I use this program a great deal), I'm liking it!

Last edited:
Just bought my copy from the Apple Store... will be installing later.

Back