My New C&C Custom kit - in Progress (more to come)

Yet another update from C&C. Ready for hardware. The inlays look sweet. I can't wait to see them in person. The snare finish is still a surprise. So, the excitement builds as they reach completion.

How many coats of black did you put on the shells? Was it water or alcohol soluble? I'm interested in making a maple snare with the black wood dye and then stain it with red mahogany over the black for a two-tone effect and then gloss it up with tung oil and lacquer.

How many coats of black did you put on the shells? Was it water or alcohol soluble? I'm interested in making a maple snare with the black wood dye and then stain it with red mahogany over the black for a two-tone effect and then gloss it up with tung oil and lacquer.

I'm not building the drums; they are made by C&C Custom Drums. So, sadly, I have no idea what or how they did my finish. Ghostnote.com would be a great place to go for information on custom building drums.

And here is the final product. I picked them up today. Sound and look amazing! Sorry for the poor photos.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 685
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 687
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 631
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 626
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 1,113
Personally the inlays are not to my taste, although they are very pleasing and well executed! You've got a great set of drums there and I hope they sound as good as they look.

Those look amazing! love the inlays and the opposite colour snare, it was brave of you to let them do it but it turned out really cool!

*sigh*... to own a custom set... :(

Thank you for all the compliments. I truly LOVE this kit. I know it was brave of me to turn them loose on my snare finish, but I trusted them; one of the many keys to a good endorsement relationship. Can't wait to play our CD release and leave on tour now. Have kit, will travel...

-peace

ohhh yeah the moment ive been waiting for, looks super sharp man sure it sounds better, thats just what i needed to pick me up after failing my drivers test. Good luck on tour.

Again, I love how the snare compliments the kit, and I mean LOOOOOVE. but when you saw the shells after they were waiting for hardware (pic further down) were you not worried that the orange sparkle shell next it was your snare? :p

And I agree with brokenglass, more pics, now!!!!!!!

Yes, it is a nice looking kit! For me though flat black...a little dull, but the kit does look good. Better pics would help us all!!!

how does the 6 ply re-ring snare sound? i've got a 9 ply from c&c in the same size...

I LOVE the 6ply re-ring!!! I'll just quote my thank you letter I wrote to C&C.
"It just sings. It has this cut that is forceful while resonating with this "sweet as warm honey" sound. I LOVE IT!"

Again, I love how the snare compliments the kit, and I mean LOOOOOVE. but when you saw the shells after they were waiting for hardware (pic further down) were you not worried that the orange sparkle shell next it was your snare? :p

And I agree with brokenglass, more pics, now!!!!!!!

I wasn't worried because I knew who was getting the orange glass inlay. I honestly had no idea what to expect for my finish. All I knew was the size and plys. When I saw the snare I fell in love and when I tuned her up and had rehearsal I feel deeper in LOVE with this snare. It is AMAZING and C&C does fantastic work. I'll get more pics as soon as I can. Thanks again everyone!

You should trust them they are artists in every sense of the word, they have their reputation riding on the products you will play and endorse. They want to make the best possible looking kit and I give them kudo's for the finish they chose on that snare!!!

All I can say is that looks absolutely amazing!!! Congrats you are a lucky man!

wow that is absolutely gorgeous!
I absolutely love the color
and I've always loved natural finishes

Back