Laney AH300?

I haven't tried this but it could work very well. My only concern is the bass frequency for the kick drum and the floor tom. The blurb mentions every instrument except bass, which could mean that the low frequencies are not particularly well handled. Laney is a good company and so do a sound check and listen for the bass frequencies!

I'm a bassist and a drummer so I use modern bass amps, which have plenty of top end as well as lashings of bass.

Cheers
Davo

Cheers for that Davo... Are you suggesting that a bass amp would be preferred over a keyboard amp or full-range amp then? Would it not be optimised mostly for low end rather than halso have scintillating highs?

Cheers for that Davo... Are you suggesting that a bass amp would be preferred over a keyboard amp or full-range amp then? Would it not be optimised mostly for low end rather than halso have scintillating highs?

If the bass amp/cab or combo has a tweeter then you will get the full range of highs and lows. Keyboards amps are generally good middle ground amps. But I know a lot of drummers who have to have that kick drum thump! The larger speakers and lower frequencies targeted in the bass amps usually deliver this kick drum thump.

There's no substitute for trying them out though!!

Davo

Back