Gretsch USA Custom (2010 Limited)

Fieldgate

Here are a couple of photos of my Gretsch USA Custom with Constantinople cymbals.

img5576r.jpg

img5577f.jpg

img5355b.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my. I'm in love. Beautiful!

What's the cymbal on the left?

Thanks! Cymbals (from left to right)

18" K Dark Crash
22" Constantinople Med Ride
16" Constantinople Crash
14" Constantinople Hi-Hats

Beautiful kit, are the sizes 12, 14, 18?

How do the fiberskyns sound on them? I don't see them used often and am curious to how they sound, especially on a tremendous kit like this one.

The drums are beautiful and the ride cymbal is to die for. I am too jealous.

Beautiful kit, are the sizes 12, 14, 18?

How do the fiberskyns sound on them? I don't see them used often and am curious to how they sound, especially on a tremendous kit like this one.

Hi yes, 12 14 18.

I am just put the fiberskyns on, not had a chance to try them properly. Thought I'd take a photo before marking them!

When tuning a lot of the overtones I had with the original Gretsch skins was gone. May be a good thing for recording, will have to wait and see.

man I agree, beautiful set and very original, I'd be proud to own those. Beset of both worlds with DW and Gretsch.....my dream :)

How does the Gretsch and DW kits compare in sound? Inquiring minds want to know.

FYI Beautiful Kit !!!

Hmm, well they sound very different. The Gretsch is more of a blossoming boom and the DW an unforgiving thwak. The DW bass drum sends an almost visible shockwave down the room. :)

That finish with the gold hardware is tasty. In the new Pearl catalogue, they do a Masterworks kit in a similar motif. Where you from Fieldgate?

I am from the UK. I saw the Pearl catalogue with the similar colours. This Gretsch is the 2010 limited finish, it is one of 30 built I believe. I will upload some photos of the DW setup shortly.

Back