DW-4000 Pedal?

ross24

I can't seem to find anything on a DW 4000 double pedal. Is it any good? and how much should i pay for a used one?

I have one and I like it. Owned for 6 months. Though the slave pedal doesn't just as smooth as the other pedal. But that could just be me.

I really like DW's pedals because they feel so comfortable when playing slow-medium fast. The only downside I can think of with the 4000 is that you can't convert it to two single pedals. But if that doesn't bother you then go for it!

You should never compromise simply for price. If you buy used then ask for details descriptions and a lot of pictures. If you do buy it and it's squeaking or a bit or feel a bit heavy on the slave-side pedal, get some oil and apply it to wherever you think it needs it.

Point is, the 4000 is a single chain whereas the (now discontinued) 5000 series and above are all double chain and are more reliable as well as a better feel.

I have a 7000 double pedal and although sometimes the slave pedal feels a bit lagged behind, it's smooth but with a slightly heavy feel which i like. As withmost drum accessories and cymbals, if you buy something low down in the food chain you'll eventually and rapidly get tired of it. Unless you are absolutely certain you like the feel of it.

xoxo

Reactions: Tor
I have one, and I like it.
The pedal was 3 months old and almost not used, so it was almost new, and I payed 200 euros for it.

I've never played a 7000 or 9000 pedal, so I can't compare it.

Bram

I have one, and I like it.
The pedal was 3 months old and almost not used, so it was almost new, and I payed 200 euros for it.

I've never played a 7000 or 9000 pedal, so I can't compare it.

Bram

Is this for a single or double pedal version. If it's the double you got, then you got a reasonable price. If you got a single for 200€ you paid way too much.

200€ is £167. I just did a search on ebay and found 2 double pedal versions of the 4000 for 20 and £70 cheaper than what you paid. Sorry man, but if it was a single pedal version, you got ripped off.

xoxo

Point is, the 4000 is a single chain whereas the (now discontinued) 5000 series and above are all double chain and are more reliable as well as a better feel.
5000 discontinued? Are you sure about that?

They changed the numbers for the lower series of pedals: 4000 is now 2000 and 7000 is now 3000. A 7000 series of hardware still exists, but it doesn't include pedals.
They also added a 6000 series, which is basically a reissue of the old single chain 5000 design.

The 4000 might share some of the same features of the older 5000 pedals, but its design and construction are still at the bottom of the DW spectrum. I never cared for them because you can't change out the hinge for a ball-bearing hinge. It's cast into the two pedal sections like a PDP 500 pedal. No bueno.

I would at least get a 3000 that can be upgraded as more money rolls in, or throw down the cash for a 5000 and have a quality pedal from the start.

Reactions: Tor
Back