The dog keeps doing it

crdirtRider856

Silver Member
The dog keeps peeing on my stands... and the cat keeps peeing on the carpet. I ve installed high-security perimeters consisting of chicken wire and twisty ties around my set but he still has good enough aim to mark his territory through the fence onto every stand leg he can see.

Anyone know of a remedy for this?

well, I don't have a good answer for you,
But I sure had a Great Laugh before bed...LMAO

Undoubtedly, the single most unique post I've read on the forums yet!!

Put a red fire hydrant a short distance from your drums.......that should surely fix it.

You need to check out Cesar Millan http://www.cesarsway.com/ the "dog whisperer" dude. Your dog is, well, a dog. He needs you to be the pack leader.​
Cats, on the other hand, we have a cat/litter box upstairs and downstairs. Feline Pine is the "cat litter" of choice, about $5 for a 4lb. box. Average 1 1/2 to 2 boxes/week.​

The dog keeps peeing on my stands... and the cat keeps peeing on the carpet. I ve installed high-security perimeters consisting of chicken wire and twisty ties around my set but he still has good enough aim to mark his territory through the fence onto every stand leg he can see.

Anyone know of a remedy for this?

Ah yes, a common problem amongst drumming professionals but one that most prefer not to talk about (for obvious reasons). The problem also afflicts keyboard players as well as very stationary vocalists like Jon Anderson, whose decision to wear white on stage is a clear act of defiance.

Those in the know recommend Dog Rid®, formulated with a special blend of tiger and crocodile hormones, guaranteed to scare off territorial and amorous pooches.

Say hello to Dog Rid® and say goodbye to rusty stands and sticky pedals ... FOREVER!!

The problem also afflicts keyboard players as well as very stationary vocalists like Jon Anderson, whose decision to wear white on stage is a clear act of defiance.
Hahahahaha. Classic one Pol. Almost Pythonesque (original reference to "stationary trees" from the first series).

I suggest perimeter machine guns. Instant cure for your problem, plus you get custom artwork & venting that custom companies charge a fortune for.

If my dog did that i would have him put down. Really though the dog should already be potty-trained unless it's a puppy. Either way you should get a more substansial barrier (like a door) to keep it out of the room altogether and wherever you do let him go then put some newspaper down and whenever he has a crap or wee then pick it up, put it's nose in it and make it feel really scared so it's less likely to do it again in the house.

Have you ask Dog Breath, our moderator? He is a Dog trainer!!!

Or an electric fence! We'll see how the sucker fares after peeing on that :)

I'm afraid caddy has already beaten you to that one:

That's my first thought. If not, then hook up an electric fence that runs along your hardware. It should only take a couple of times before your dog stops. Just make sure to turn it off before you start playing! HA!!!

If the dog pee's on your stands, then you should beat the dog to an inch of its life with the said stands.

Then the dog will assioate to peeing on the stands with very bad things.

Done it to my cats, worked a treat, but i new i could do it to cats as they have nine lifes,

The cats then had eight lifes left, to then realise not to that again.

Have you tried peeing on the dog's stuff?

Maybe he'll realize what a nuisance it is when it happens to him...

Holy crap LMFAO! Thats the best reply yet among all the other great ones. Nice...

See my drums are in a finished basement, and the next room a step down is the laundry room where the litter box is. So I cant block the room off with a door. The pee has already ruined the finish on my new hi-hat pedal, thats when I installed the fence. It keeps the cat out but the little hot dog can still reach the rubber feet on a few stands. I m going to look for the Rid-ex and see if it helps. I ll save my stash of warheads and automatic weaponry for the next person that attempts to steal anything from me...

Excerlent answer.

i think i will try that with my young kid.

010279110546C.jpg

Petco

Back