First pictures of my kit

nicky

Been on here a while. Thought it about time I showed you all my kit.

Shells: Mapex VX (14, 12, 16, 22)
Heads: Evans genera coated, Remo clear reso's, Aquarian super kick
Cymbals: Paiste 2oo2: 16' and 18" medium crashes, 20" cool ride, 14" sound edge hats, Zildjian 16" oriental trash
Mapex hardware, Mapex, Pearl and PDP cymbal stands
Mapex saddle

Attachments

• DSCF0007.jpg
    DSCF0007.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 836
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 829
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 829
Why not? Maybe that's what he likes. It isn't a crime and really shouldn't have to be explained. If that's what he likes, so be it. Nice set up and cymbal selection, Nicky.

Well, just wondering if he is having problems tuning the snare or maybe its tuned up for a large venue so rings more therefore, moongels it in the smaller room.

Well, just wondering if he is having problems tuning the snare or maybe its tuned up for a large venue so rings more therefore, moongels it in the smaller room.

Hi

I find the damping gives me the snare sound I like - a nice crack!. I've got it all tuned up quite tight so there's a bit too much ring otherwise.

Haven't gigged in a big room yet using this kit and spent more money on my cymbals than on the drums themselves.

Nick

Nice set up. How is the Cool Ride? I love 2002 I have never seen anyone with a Cool Ride (same as the 2002 Dry ride. Sounds great but I never see anyone with them). Anyways the kit looks great!

Yeah, all I ever see especially on drummerworld are rides and mediums. How does it sound? It sure looks cool. Nice setup.

Yeah, all I ever see especially on drummerworld are rides and mediums. How does it sound? It sure looks cool. Nice setup.

Obviously I like the sound it makes. It's not a dry sound, but nice and bright, well defined with washy undertones. And it's loud! It crashes like a gong!!

Aside from the sound, I really like the look of Paiste cybals - very cool.

Obviously I like the sound it makes. It's not a dry sound, but nice and bright, well defined with washy undertones. And it's loud! It crashes like a gong!!

Aside from the sound, I really like the look of Paiste cybals - very cool.

Same here. I'll take advantage of any excuse I can find to post pictures of my 5o5 ride

IMG_0030-1.jpg

Oh and if you haven't already, join the paiste lovers group! http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/group.php?groupid=11

That is one beautiful cymbal - loving the green logo. Any chance of a picture of the underside?

Nice kit man but...i have a question...how the hell can you watch tv with that in the middle of the way?? xD just kidding nice set bro

Why is the china right-side-up? Try flipping it upside-down, it won't chew up your sticks like it will right-side-up.
Also, i can't believe nobody's said this already! Cymbal angles? They're all parallel to the ground! Prepare to have major stick shavings on that carpet and it may damage the cymbals. Why don't you tilt them a bit...

Nice! Like the stripe.

Nothing wrong with flat cymbals at all.

I've always had mine flat, and chinas sound nice the way you have it too.
And you can use the body of it and the bell.

Having the china flange up lets you get the most out of the cymbal, and not as much a one dimensional, or one use/sound cymbal on the kit.

Have fun!

Back