Brand new Tama Superstar Custom!

Woodchipper

Just got my packages the other day. I saved up money and ordered a new shell kit. I bought a Tama Superstar Custom in the Dark Mocha Fade. 100% all birch drum shells. 10", 12", 16" toms, 22" bass, and 14" wood snare. These drums are a huge step up from my previous kit. This shell kit has so much attack, power, and projection. It also has great tone and a huge punch. The finish is awesome too, the nice black to mocha fade and its lacquer, not a wrap. Plus with the new shell kit, I got the Tama drum bag set too!

Along with the new drums, I have all Sabian cymbals and a RhythmTech mount tambourine, all Tama hardware and an Iron Cobra double bass pedal. My cymbal set up is:
Sabian 14" AAX Stage Hi Hats
Sabian 18" HHX Evolution Crash
Sabian 22" AA Heavy Ride
Sabian 18" AAX Stage Crash
Sabian 18" HHX China

Also I use Aquarian drum heads (Performance II's and Hi Energy Heads for the snare)

Coming next for Christmas will be another Tama snare drum (I will put to the left of my hi hat). It's the Tama Metalworks Limited Edition Snare. They only made 150 pieces for the USA.

Attachments

• mms_picture.jpg
    mms_picture.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 745
  • mms_picture-1.jpg
    mms_picture-1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 730
  • mms_picture-2.jpg
    mms_picture-2.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 725
  • mms_picture-3.jpg
    mms_picture-3.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 737
  • mms_picture-4.jpg
    mms_picture-4.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 730
  • mms_picture-5.jpg
    mms_picture-5.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 724
  • mms_picture-6.jpg
    mms_picture-6.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 727
I'm not really seeing the fade. They look just black to me. But either way they are good drums and will serve you well. I used to have a big set up but I had to sell them when times got rough. I would do anything to have them back.

When did they get rid of the basswood out of the shell?

You can see the finish in the 3rd picture. I used my cell phone camera because I have nothing else! These shells are 100% birch.

very nice, can't really see the fade but we get the idea. Nothing like opening a new box of drums eh? Congrats look great.

Nice kit, I can't see the fade from the pics either.

Question, You put Performance II heads on the toms without using an unmuffled head first to see how the toms sounded when opened up?

I only use P2's for recording and certain things where I want a dampened sound.

Love the setup. If you'd add another 14" tom I'd be set for life with your kit.
I to have a Tama Superstar. Though not the custom one. Great sounding and looking drums.

Your HHX china is one of my favorites. Don't have one myself but I think it blends the sound of a trashy china with a dark crash very well.

Back