Ludwig Vistalite Value??

So I recently purchased a set of blue vistalites and am not really in need of them and shopping for an engagement ring. I'm sure all you married men know what I mean! They are going to be fully finished cleaned and restored in the next week and I'm trying to decide a fair starting price. Sorry I dont have any pictures right now but they are in awesome condition no cracks, seams are killer, and perfect bearing edges. I'm not sure if ebay, craigslist, or posting on a website like this would be the best selling venue.
The sizes are 14x22, 12x8, 13x9, 16x16, and 18x16. They are blue by the way; Also if
anyone on here is interested at all pm me and we can work something out.
Thanks God Bless

Checking the eBay completed auctions is a good place to start just to see what others have paid for blue vistalites. There are still a number of them out there, so they're not completely rare, and parts can still be had. Your price will depend on what others think they're worth.

I know I got $600 for three solid black vistalites: 14x22, 9x13, and 16x16.

Blue is the most common color. Your best bet is probably sell the kit off "piece by piece". The 18x16 is really the only out of the ordinary drum you have. All the rest....22, 12, 13, 16, standard Ludwig sizes ... and drums those sizes are currently being sold on eBay auction right now. Probably looking at somewhere around $1K ... to put towards that ring.

Wow congrats that's pretty awesome in a single day they flew out the door!

It was cool but I wasn't ready to ship them. All of a sudden I was $600 richer and then I had to scramble to get the box to ship the drums because I promised to get them out within two days of payment. I thought I'd be able to relax a little. Oh well....

That's hilarious! Nobody would've thought they'd go that fast! I think I'm going to try to sell them locally first as a set. If that's unsuccessful I'll move to ebay.

Back