The ddrum Diablo Punx has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would let you know that there is a feature called Private Messaging (PM). Next time you don't want everything out in the open on a public forum, use it.

Nowhere in this thread, do I ask anything other than if this is a really Frankenstein kit.

Ship out your 805! You'll have a matching kit that's not all over the place. You'll be able to set it up properly without a huge bass drum, and you'll have completed the deal.

I know those Ddrums sound pretty much the same as the PDP's when tuned right.

Suck it up, send him the drums, and learn how to tune and a guarantee you'll have a better playing experience.

With the resale value of both kits and the shipping costs, your probably not gonna be getting much extra money from your kit. you gonna have something much more playable and complete than what your playing now. You'll be able to play it while properly researching and saving for a better kit. Rather than hating the 805 and rushing for something to replace it.

You guys can shut up and stop lecturing me.
Now leave this thread and go play your fancy, expensive kits.
As far as the remark about playing the fancy, expensive kits, that's very immmature. When I was your age, I was playing a CB700 set and I learned to tune them, and they sounded good. I played those drums for 8 years. Learn to tune the Punx set.

However, you guys are the nosiest people!

Again, this is a public forum and you started this post. You could have just set up the Punx set, learned to tune them, play for a couple weeks, then give your opinion.

617-861-3962 = The Rejection Hotline.
Now that's funny.

See, 805, if you put things out in the public domain it immediately becomes our business. We're not being nosey, you've put it out there. I see trades going on all the time on forums, but very rarely do they end up like this. What you need to do is sit down and actually THINK about what you're doing before you do it. Once you've made a decision - you stick to it. It's much easier that way - backing out is always a messy option. Learn some patience.

See, 805, if you put things out in the public domain it immediately becomes our business. We're not being nosey, you've put it out there. I see trades going on all the time on forums, but very rarely do they end up like this. What you need to do is sit down and actually THINK about what you're doing before you do it. Once you've made a decision - you stick to it. It's much easier that way - backing out is always a messy option. Learn some patience.

Yeah i agree. I'd just like to point out that no one is suggesting that Drumsword shafted 805 or anything, like he said, it was all in public and both were agreed. To 805 drummer, i dont need to point out that this has been a bit of an ordeal that could have been avoided, but you live and learn i guess. But this:

You guys can shut up and stop lecturing me. I'm working this out with Drumsword, and all of you don't need to be involved.

Now leave this thread and go play your fancy, expensive kits.

Is not going to help anything.

Listen to what people are saying on here and take the advice they give. We are all drummers here and try to help each other out. I hope you manage to sort this all out.

- Ash

805 - Remember that how a set of drums looks doesn't have to have any bearing on the quality of the sound you get out of them.
You could turn this situation into a good one, and learn an important lesson - the quality of the playing is more important than the quality of the instrument. If you practice good technique and stick to practice the instrument will start to sound better and better. This is a point that goes over the heads of many many amateurs, and is what keeps the sales of drum equipment buoyant; people believe that buying more expensive or prettier looking gear will improve the sound of their playing, but this is never the case.
Stick with what you've got, learn to love them and they'll love you back. And, yes, you'll have to learn to tune :(

Yo dawg. I think you should keep your word and send the 805s. I think they sound pretty much the same. Since the drummer people at Guitar Center don't know how to tune they hire me and I tune the display drums for them. They had both of these but in different colors. They had the same heads and everything on them and they sounded pretty gosh darn similar. Way better than I thought by the way they look.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but can't you take some steel wool to the blue hardware and just get it all off? If so I'd do that and just get the hardware chromed. Then it'd look a little more professional

Nowhere in this thread, do I ask anything other than if this is a really Frankenstein kit.

For the record....your question in one post was

"Did I make a bad move?"

That opened it up to any and all criticism. I'm done.

maybe stray away from the ddrum kits for awhile.
pearl and gretsch make some pretty inexpensive well sounding kits.
and maybe try not to do the whole frankenstein deal..
lol.
just my opinion

My parents know what is going on, and Drumsword talked with my dad.

However, you guys are the nosiest people!

If you're SO curious about it, why don't you just call me, at 617-861-3962?

Dude, this is your FIFTH thread in this saga...on something called a DISCUSSION board. You also asked us if you made a bad move, and what to do with the kits. Go read your own posts in here, and your last few threads. You ask for advice and opinions, then get pissed when they don't match your own.

Sheeeeeeeeesh,

the saga of the last 3 weeks comes to a close with almost everyone weighing in on how shafted the kid got...........Sheesh.

ok, the pdp set was being parted out, "What to do with the bass drum" The advice of keep the kit together, etc, etc. was not being heeded as the bass was too big and uncomfortable to play. So I offer "In the public forum" to swap kits with mine of smaller sizes and more drums, appx same monetary value with the add ons and upgrades. (Plus I offered a 5X14 slingerland chrome snare off the bat). No one weighed in, I wanted larger drums, he wanted smaller drums. I posted pics of the set, No one weighed in.

I'm sorry but I used the set to record a song on the cd, sounded great. I played a dozen live shows with the set, sounded great and I got more compliments on that set then any i've owned, most kids loved the unique finish.

Resale on both used kits would be close to equal, so if you're just going to sell the pdp's anyway, research the used sale price for both kits and you may see theyre pretty close. Used pdp-s on ebay right now are under $400, for similar sets, used ddrums punx just sold for $365.

Now he gets the set, seems happy and BAM!!!, "you made a mistake", "I hate that hardware", etc. Now he hates the drums. Sheeesh, of course I'll take the kit back, plus my $$ for shipping but mercy, next time you guys wanna talk someone out of a deal try to do it before everythings been done. The ddrums aren't that bad, I've been using em for 2 years and tuned properly they sound great. There is a pro studio in waterville that settled on Basswood taye's because they recorded as well as anything else but cost $500 less then maples.

For the record, I don't thiink anyone thinks you were trying to shaft the kid. He seemed really excited about the trade, and said he couldn't use the PDPs, so it looked like a good deal all around. People in here didn't start saying it was a bad deal until he said how unhappy he was, and then asked if it made sense, financially, and we told him the truth. But in no way did he seem happy. In his first post he did, but then, by his second post, before anyone else said it was a bad deal, he was questioning it.

Ahh man. You guys with your bad kits. Ha just kidding.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I started with a Groove Percussion!!!! Then when my dad's company got bought by IBM he sold his stocks and we had a whole bunch of money. So I got my Ludwig Accent Cs Custom. But I had to make up for it by working for my grandparents who own a huge farm. It was horrible but worth it

805drummer I think this is something you have to learn from instead of getting defensive, I think the more experienced forum members here are just trying to point out things you could have handled better, they're not trying to take a dig at you. You didn't do any research on the ddrum punx before agreeing to trade it with your 805, am I right? If you had you would've realised all the things already previously mentioned, the punxs are made of basswood vs the pdp's all birch shells, the difference in retail value etc.

Since drumsword and you made a deal which allows you to send the ddrums back if you didnt like them, I think this whole issue is pretty much settled. But honestly, don't keep rushing into things before thinking about them long and hard.

Just my 2 cents, I hope I didn't offend anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back