Sharknado!

My wife and I were talking about that last night.

It's really sad when the plot is the movie title; and that title is one word.

I know SyFy can make same really lame movies but this is quite possibly the worst one.

Ah, the SyFy channel, home of the D movies. I have this feeling they're making these movies on purpose, so maybe they can have the biggest catalog of lame films? That's a good enough motivation as any in Hollywood (or where ever they are ;)

But some are quite entertaining. Saw some bits of "Swamp Shark" the other day. Maybe it's a way to get everyone to start cheering for the monsters, like we did in the movie Deep Blue Sea.

They are obviously selling irony in film form. Homage to the real bad movies from days past. Nobody making these movies is taking it seriously in this day and age. It's comedy; tongue firmly in-cheek.

Now I need to check my insurance to see if there's a sharknado clause. How much you want to bet it's excluded?

I dont know about the rest of you, but I watch Sci-Fi movies like survival videos.

In the event of a sharknado I will be able to survive based on the skills I learned from the movie. While the rest of you are being smashed to death and eaten by falling sharks, I will be jumping into their mouths with a chainsaw! (Yes, that is really a scene in the movie)

I'm tired of all these mothaf****n sharks in this mothsf****n tornado!

When I have my first child and they get to dating age, the first breakup maybe I'll be able to say "Well, there's plenty of fish in the sharknado!"

Ok, I finally got the video to play. I think you're all being a bit tough on this film. I think it has real editorial merit and a solid story line full of nuance & strata.

Anyhow, I don't have time for this, I'm off to practice for my new Justin G fusion group. It's a heady mix of quality teen pop and real jazz. I think you'll like it ;)

There's a certain art to lame movies. Much more enjoyable and better than the "reality" crap that's on tv now.

Back