Roland TD-11K or Yamaha DTX520K?

ahhreggi

I'm interested in buying an electronic drum kit. I am looking for one that is about $1000.

I'm undecided between the Roland TD-11K and the Yamaha DTX520K.
Both have almost the same price, but which one is better? I'm not interested in upgrading/modding anything or adding extra toms/cymbals to these kits, so whether or not the kit is expandable, it does not matter to me. I plan on just buying the kit and using it the way it is originally.

I am more concerned with the sound quality, product quality, and acoustic noise levels of the kits. I also want to be able to connect the kit to my computer for recording.

If anyone has owned or tried either one of these, could you tell me some pros and cons? If you know of any other kits that are better than these two, also for $1000 or less, let me know!

Thanks very much!

I was on the hunt just 2 weeks ago for a mid-level e-kit and settled on the DTX530K because of the 3 zone cymbals, 3 zone snare and the actual hi-hat function. I felt these 3 things were integral to helping me transition to an acoustic kit.

With some digging around I was able to get the DTX530K for $975 brand new. I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

Last edited:
Back