I have a problem

drummingman

Gold Member
I have an issue that I'm dealing with that I'm trying to overcome. I have severe tendonitis in both of my wrists. I need to find a day job that pays well that won't hurt my wrists that I can do to help me get back on my feet to help me move towards my goal of being able to play music for a living.

I can't have a job where I type (someone else is typing this for me) because it causes my hands to hurt. Same goes for using a mouse. I also can't do a job where I have to lift heavy things cause this also causes pain.

Right now I'm working at a 7-11 and teaching drum lessons (I don't have very many students though. It's like everybody in my area has stopped playing the drums).

I can't gig right now to make more money because there is some gear I need to buy before I can. I also have to get my car repaired first as well (it runs to get me back and forth to work but I don't feel great about taking it long distances as is). I can't move toward reaching my musical goals until I get the gear I need and get my car fixed.

The last few years have been very hard for me financially. I really need to get back on my feet to reach my goals. Does anyone know of any jobs out there that I could do that pays well that won't hurt my hands?

All I know about tendonitus is I had it bad in my left elbow. 6 months of PT and it was worse. 3 Days of celebrex and it was cured and never came back. Thats all I know. You didn't ask that but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Physical things to do would be all the typical exercises. Many of them are covered in e.g. Matt Furey's "Carpal Tunnel Fix" program.

Other than that it's hydration and stay away from inflamatory and add anti-inflamatory foods.

Supplements would be fish oil and MSM. If DMSO is allowed in your country and you make sure you know what you're doing you can try that.

I second the suggestion about staying away from inflammatory foods. I bet if you stay off any dairy products you'll notice a huge difference in 2-3 weeks. Also, I'm not sure what country you're located, but this product I swear by. I'm a runner and think I know my body pretty well, and it works. It just does. www.nutritionalfrontiers.com It's called HA Plus. I use the powder.

Sorry about you're troubles. Most health problems can be solved by diet improvement, exercise and quality supplements.

If you can't get a job doing physical labor how can you even play drums?

What do you guys consider inflammatory and anti-inflammatory foods?

Grace, I'm able to play without any real pain. My left wrist gets a little achy at times though. But it's not real bad Thank God.

What's inflamatory depends on the person, anything you might have a slight allergy to,but the worst stuff is refined sugar and anything GMO or that is too far from an organic standard. Lots of people are allergic to e.g.peanuts, but considering what and inorganic nut contains, what they react might be thousands of different things despite the nut itself.

The next would be having an imbalance of omega 3 to your omega 6 fatty acids.

Tings that break up unflammation would be lemons and foods with high sulfur content. MSM is basically an organic sulfur supplement. Dmso is topical, but goes right through any tissue and brings any impurities with it, which is why it's no toy, but it works instantly.

Offocurse silicon is important. You can get it from bell peppers, cucumbers, nettle tea and so on. A good product would be Orogono Living Silica. They make products for both internal and topical use.

Occourse plenty of natural anti oxidants from natural foods, superfoods and spices. For supplements there's a product called MegaHydrate.

There is no one way. Find a natural doctor who's into this stuff and they'll probably be able to fix this both quickly and permanently.

Sorry to hear of your physical pain. However, before you try anything, what does your doctor say? He's the one that should know about your condition and what best to do about it, right? We could all say, "try this" but without really knowing what's wrong with you, we are not as informed as we should be, nor are we doctors. There could be some underlying thing under the obvious tendonitis that your doctor would be in a better position to find out about.

Hm what about working in a call center or something?
You would wear a head set and would only use your hands for typing numbers, or is that too much?

I'm very sorry for you and I hope it gets better. Did you ever inform about jobs for handicaped people? Maybe there is something that fits to you and your health situation.

It's pretty tough to think about jobs where you barley use your hands, but I guess you'll find something in a job where you need to talk nad inform people...

Back