My new DW Collectors

Very cool indeed. Love the colors. Now two questions. Not for you maybe but in general. What are the DW tom heads? Single ply , two ply?? And why do they not put the bass drum badge on the top of the drum rather than just off to the side? Anyway, congrats on the purchase and many years of fun.

Single and because top of the head has more visibility.

I think he meant why do the have two badges on the sides of the actual drum instead of the top.

I've wondered the same thing!

Im not too sure myself to be honest. I believe they may have even had only one badge to the side on older DW kits.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, I think I shall throw some coated's on the toms though, feel like a bit more punch and a tad less ring.

...why do they not put the bass drum badge on the top of the drum rather than just off to the side?

My guess would be the space on the top of the bass drum is reserved for an optional tom mount. That and the offset placement of the badge adds some symmetry to the vent hole which is just over the top on the other side.

Very cool indeed. Love the colors. Now two questions. Not for you maybe but in general. What are the DW tom heads? Single ply , two ply?? And why do they not put the bass drum badge on the top of the drum rather than just off to the side? Anyway, congrats on the purchase and many years of fun.

i believe the reason is because all dw bass drums have two badges, one is an actuall dw logo badge and the other indicates that its a timbre matched set? could be wrong but i think this might be why?

The reason that the bass drum, like all other DW drums, have two badges is purely aesthetic. Whichever side of the bass drum you're on you can see the badge, and whichever way you set your toms up you can see a badge.

Awesome set gazdrum - as a fellow DW owner I hope you get the most out of your set. That finish is great, nice choice!

That birch wood grain looks so baddass. Billy Ward on his "voices in my head" dvd plays a vlt birch and they sound awesome.
Looks like the same lavender burst satin kit they have on the website. I love the 15" floor too. Now I want to hear them!!! Congrats!

Back