Amps for triggers

What are some other good brands that make keyboard amps?......also, how many watts should I need if I am just playing in my garage or in a studio?...I want the bass drum and snare to be pretty loud

Oh really?....I had no idea that Behringer was lower quality.....thanks for telling me...I almost bought it!!!...the main reason I was getting that one is because it was cheaper...should I not get this one?... I really dont have the cash for a Roland

Oh really?....I had no idea that Behringer was lower quality.....thanks for telling me...I almost bought it!!!...the main reason I was getting that one is because it was cheaper...should I not get this one?... I really dont have the cash for a Roland

Behringer are better than they used to be, but I still wouldn't. I've used their gear in a few situations (DI Boxes mainly) and their dedicated rack gear is OK, but the build quality has never been good. The EuroDesks I've always thought were rather suspect - especially the older ones, which really are shocking.

Behringer have made strives to improve their quality control in recent years (a new factory in China for instance, that actually IS good - there's a good blog somewhere of a magazine editor making a visit) but I wouldn't trust it for at least another few.

Their gear sounds good. It usually works, but it doesn't work as often as more established brands. I really would save up for a Roland if you could - they really DO make fantastic gear. I've been using a small Roland guitar amplifier for 3 1/2 years now and it's never once let me down. I'm not recommending it for this application, but just to demonstrate that I utterly trust Roland to deliver on quality, every single time.

Would it be possible for me to use an external amp. Like something that you would use to hook up a monitor speaker, and then just use a 15 inch stage speaker or something...My brother is a DJ and said that he will give me his Pyle 2000 watt amp and JBL 15 inch speaker

Last edited:
Back