Wife is going to be pissed

My wife and I keep each other in check....if i go crazy with gear, she can always retaliate with Pampered Chef and Scrapbooking gear.

See try the ol I got a great deal route...

So I would try saying I spent say 300 BUT it would have been 600

So actually I saved money by buying stuff...!

My wife understands my drum habit, so she doesn't get too mad. We actually plan for my equipment. I figure by the time I'm 90 I'll have my 15 piece DW set with Gold plated hardware and gold plated rack!! LOL

When speaking to the wife, the price of your new gear is always either half of the actual price...OR...the value of the piece is twice what you paid for it.

Example:
You just paid $300 for a new Zildjian. When speaking to the wife, either you only paid $150, for it, or you paid $300 for what is EASILY a $600. cymbal. Whatever the case, you just got a smokin' once in a fifetime deal that you would've been a fool to pass up.

You gotta speak their language, my friend.

Good luck.

Exactly! When my wife and daughter go on their shopping trips, they always come back and tell me how much I "saved".

It's easier to seek forgiveness than permission :)

ah - but if you are persistant in seeking permission when it is granted
it is rarely held against you in the future.

Always remember:
Women never forget.

just try this exercise on for size:

Imagine the same amount of money you just spent on gear being
spent on shoes, clothing, jewelry, scrapbooking, hobbies etc...
all at once....

She is going to be very mad because you bought a pdp and could have boought a Mapex! : ) LOL J/K.. Like someone already said, it's much much easier to seek forgiveness than permission.

Just by her some flowers, breakfast or 2 in bed and she will forget all about it : )

Just don't count on yourself being the second person you'll be serving in that breakfast in bed for 2... probably the pool boy, Javier :p

Soooooo ... this is how the enemy thinks!

Cmon you guys, you're giving away our position!

I'm a big fan of seperate money. If I'm making my bills and can afford it, why should I have to ask permission or seek forgiveness? F that, just own it, loud and proud. I can't stand hearing stories of men cowering to their wives for permission to do whatever. At least it retains some value and it's not peed away like at the racetrack. It's a positive force, not a negative one.

I'm a big fan of seperate money. If I'm making my bills and can afford it, why should I have to ask permission or seek forgiveness? F that, just own it, loud and proud. I can't stand hearing stories of men cowering to their wives for permission to do whatever. At least it retains some value and it's not peed away like at the racetrack. It's a positive force, not a negative one.

See, this is exactly why the boyfriend and I never got married (it's been 8 years) and probably never will. AFter 2 divorces I not-so-quickly learned that keeping the money seperate is great. We split all bills such as mortgage, utilities and groceries right down the middle and then after that what's mine is mine and what's his and his! If I want to spend a stupid amount on clothes or concert tickets or drum equip, he can't say anything as long as my half of the bills are paid. And it's amazing how little there is to fight about when the money issue is off the table! Best "marriage" I've ever been in and it will probably last the longest too :)

Well said.________________________________________

Just buy her a pair of shoes, and she won't notice all the extra drum gear.

Well, to sort of even things out, I did buy her a Nikon D7000 and some obnoxiously expensive mammoth lens a month ago. Maybe I can just say this is payback?

The mixer, mic pack and cables come in tomorrow, and my extra bass drum finally came in today.

To add insult to injury, I'm buying all batter heads for my kit tomorrow, since one of the shitty, single ply PDP heads broke today. /rolleyes I could't even tell you the last time I broke a drum head of any kind.

AFter 2 divorces I not-so-quickly learned that keeping the money seperate is great. We split all bills such as mortgage, utilities and groceries right down the middle and then after that what's mine is mine and what's his and his! If I want to spend a stupid amount on clothes or concert tickets or drum equip, he can't say anything as long as my half of the bills are paid. And it's amazing how little there is to fight about when the money issue is off the table! Best "marriage" I've ever been in and it will probably last the longest too :)

Perfect, Mary!

I pity the women lumbered with this sorry bunch of scuzballs :) ... apart from Brady, of course ...

Yeah....he's an entirely different class of scuzball. Far above and beyond the rest of us everyday, garden variety, run-of-the-mill scuzballs.

I dub him Sir Scuz......King of Scuzballs!! :)

A man who can lie so brazenly to save his skin does have a certain cheesy charm :) Or it could be that he likes the way my hair is so similar to Weird Al's ... ?

Back