Paiste 2002 Cast Cymbal Alloy Drums

Danny Carrey has one of these. I wonder who got the third kit?

Edit: Oh, never mind....I guess it says who in the write up, lol...

I bet they were amazing through an arena's sound system.
Just the mention of shipping by sea with a pallet is an indication of their weight!

As a kid I wanted a stainless (chrome) kit something fierce, and then DW came out with their Liquid Copper and Anodized Stainless Blue Series, but these Paiste kits ice the cake. Even the badges are absurdly sick.

You do occasionally see the snares come up for sale at absurd prices. Not sure of the quantities they made of those.

When I saw Carl Palmer with Asia in 2006 he was using a Brady kit with his Paiste snare. Saw Danny Carey use his Paiste snare in 2007.

Danny Carey uses his on a few tracks on 10,000 days. Jambi I know for sure, you can here the difference.

Never understood why Carl Palmer or Danny Carey had a signature snare made after they had the Paiste one made. Are they ever used?

You do occasionally see the snares come up for sale at absurd prices. Not sure of the quantities they made of those.

When I saw Carl Palmer with Asia in 2006 he was using a Brady kit with his Paiste snare. Saw Danny Carey use his Paiste snare in 2007.

Danny Carey uses his on a few tracks on 10,000 days. Jambi I know for sure, you can here the difference.

Never understood why Carl Palmer or Danny Carey had a signature snare made after they had the Paiste one made. Are they ever used?
Good to know! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for one!

Man, I would love one of those kits!!

Sign me up!

I think they were made by Jeff Ocheltree, and his drums are usually 3mm with 5mm rings top and bottom, so my guess is the Paiste drums are the same.

I could totally see getting some toms like that, although the bass drum would just be overkill. I might even get Oriollo to make me some rack toms like that, maybe a 12x8 and a 14x9.
I was reading a little more related to this kit and it was mentioned that the bass drums (alone) weigh 100 lbs.

I saw Carey's kit at NAMM several years ago, and noted that the drums were very heavy. I didn't think they sounded very good though, a bit thin and choked for my taste although they had great attack!

Bermuda

I saw Carey's kit at NAMM several years ago, and noted that the drums were very heavy. I didn't think they sounded very good though, a bit thin and choked for my taste although they had great attack!

Bermuda

I always felt like those drums were the sort of instruments you had to motivate in an extraordinarily physical manner. The video of Carey playing them makes them sound unreal IMO, and his size allowed him to seriously play those monstrous tubs

I was reading a little more related to this kit and it was mentioned that the bass drums (alone) weigh 100 lbs.

Yeah, that's just pointless. You get a lower fundamental with a thinner shell, anyway. And that's what you want from a kick, in my humble opinion.

Bermuda

Probably need sharper edges and thinner heads. But yeah, they're going to not resonate very well at the frequencies we usually associate with toms of those sizes. The thick shell raises the fundamental. Maybe if they were extra deep, you could get the fundamental low enough to sound like what we're used to with toms.

Back