Small cars that fit drums???

I had a mazda 3 (axela outside the u.s.) hatchback. I folded the seats down and it fit a 24, 12, 16, 14 snare, cymbals, hardware case, seat in the back. everything in hardcases. I could even still see out the back window too so there was more space on top for extra stuff.

I have a toyota tacoma extended cab now and I can fit the kick drum in the passenger seat, all the toms and cymbals in the extended cab and just my hardware case in the bed of the truck. of course I can fit a ton of stuff in the bed of the truck, but if I have to leave my truck somewhere I can lock everything up (except for the hardware). I'd like to see somebody try to run off with the hardware case. It probably weights close to 100 lbs. (all dw. heavy duty 5000 & 9000 hardware.

check out the Mazda 3 hatchback. Great car, don't know too much about prices, but I've driven a few of them and they're magnificent.

I have a PT Cruiser and I can fit in a six-piece set, two hardware cases, percussion, and a cymbal case - all in hard cases, which take up more room. If I remove the rear seats, I can fit in two PA speakers and a stand bag. And still get a passenger in the front seat.

I owned one for a few years, quite an awesome gear moving vehicle, indeed.

I also have a PT Cruiser. My 23" x 26" bass Plus 18x16 FT & 16" x16" FT & 2 TT Snare & everything that goes on my Curved Gibraltar rack Everything fits fine PLUS another person.

I think my feat of three passengers, a full drum kit and a guitar rig into a '98 Ford Ka broke the rules of Classical Physics.

To be honest, at 6'2" and 18 Stone, it's a marvel it even got me in it.

My Monte works fine I can get my kit & wife in there & go wherever we want plus it gets 30mpg and doesn't. look like an easter-egg.......lol

Good luck,
Bonzolead

Attachments

• MY MONTE.png
    MY MONTE.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 2,439
Back