Snare Kick Riser Stand

Side Kick Drums

Hello, I wanted to see if there was interest from the drum world for a foot operated snare drum stand. It can be used for another accent piece or to free up a hand or also for guitar or keyboard players to add percussion. Check it out at www.sidekickdrums.com

Attachments

• Snare and stand-websize.JPG
    Snare and stand-websize.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,423
  • Snare riser stand back view-websize.JPG
    Snare riser stand back view-websize.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,281
Wow! Neat idea.

Once people get into double pedaling, though, they are reluctant to use their left foot much for anything else. That's my take on it at least.

I can't speak for anyone else but that is not the case for me. I stared playing double bass in 1984. That was on 2 bass drums before the first good double pedals came out. The idea was to add another voice to the left foot possibilities. That idea still holds true.

If you can play double bass then you should be open to other uses for the left foot, being that double bass is pretty much a metal thing. Minneman, Mangini, Lang, Roddy etc all use left foot triggers, snares, cowbells etc...

I can't speak for anyone else but that is not the case for me. I stared playing double bass in 1984. That was on 2 bass drums before the first good double pedals came out. The idea was to add another voice to the left foot possibilities. That idea still holds true.

If you can play double bass then you should be open to other uses for the left foot, being that double bass is pretty much a metal thing. Minneman, Mangini, Lang, Roddy etc all use left foot triggers, snares, cowbells etc...

Blast beats! Then you could add some cowbell and a vibra-slap over the top of it....

Wow! Neat idea.

Once people get into double pedaling, though, they are reluctant to use their left foot much for anything else. That's my take on it at least.

Come on man, wake up!

You're always straight in with negative comments about double pedal players.
Why?

I use double kicks alot for syncopated grooves but, I love my hi-hats and foot operated cowbell.
I'd definitely be interested in one of these stands, not just for snare drums but, also for mounting a v-kick I made with a real shell and had no clue as to how to mount it securely.

Do you think you could ever create a foot operated crash or something?

This looks great, well done!

I'm sure anybody seriously into double pedal is also interested to apply this approach to _anything_ foot related. That can be various stuff - as mentioned - including experimental sounds or latin percussion. It's up to the player to use it for whatever interests him/her, no need to condemn the tools per se (Deathmetalconga has a strong tendency to do so but it was even more intense in the past ;-).

Strictly speaking, every drummer is playing a double pedal. The left pedal can be a hihat or another bass drum pedal but hihat & bass drum - isn't this 2 pedals in total?

Actually it's cool to see some new innovative drum products. There's so much already that just gets copied a million times, always great to have something fresh.

This would be immensely useful if you had a broken arm or something, you could use your good hand and this with your foot.

I can't see myself needing one.

But if I were, I would be curious if there is a way to do rim shots with it. And or if there is an easy way to adjust from rim shot to center hit in-between songs.

I know several people here in town who would be interested in such a product, because we play a lot of Latin-themed music. It seems a tom would also potentially fit in a riser like this, or even a timbale.

I'm sure anybody seriously into double pedal is also interested to apply this approach to _anything_ foot related. That can be various stuff - as mentioned - including experimental sounds or latin percussion. It's up to the player to use it for whatever interests him/her, no need to condemn the tools per se (Deathmetalconga has a strong tendency to do so but it was even more intense in the past ;-).

Strictly speaking, every drummer is playing a double pedal. The left pedal can be a hihat or another bass drum pedal but hihat & bass drum - isn't this 2 pedals in total?

Actually it's cool to see some new innovative drum products. There's so much already that just gets copied a million times, always great to have something fresh.

I don't often see double pedalers with foot percussion; many, I've noticed, have pretty much given up the hihat. Our friend Chunky here is an obvious exception.

You can't do rim shots with a bass drum beater, nor could you do one easily with a foot pedal item. Playing with pedals imposes some limitations.

Possibly if you modified an LP Jingle Kick you could get a rim shot, or created something similar but more stick-like.

For what it's worth I play lots of double bass, but by no means ignore my hi-hats. That's why I use a drop clutch. Personally I feel that the idea of double pedalers only playing double bass is because of 2 specific reasons:
1) The left foot is pretty much the odd man out as far as how much use it gets. The double pedal or bass setup alleviates this.
2) The majority of double bass players that run their feet all day play metal. Metal has become a musical competition of extremes, for drummers that means longer and faster. There simply isn't really room or even a need for most metal drummers to do anything but run their feet. Now take those same drummers and put them on a single kick set up and prepare to be amazed at what they can do with a hi hat.

Is this the same product Thomas Lang uses?

No this is a totally new product for guitar players wanting to add some snare and bass percussion to their playing or drummers wanting another accent piece.

I know several people here in town who would be interested in such a product, because we play a lot of Latin-themed music. It seems a tom would also potentially fit in a riser like this, or even a timbale.

Yes, the Snare Riser will fit a tom drum up to 10" deep. A timbale will work also, up to 14" in diameter. They are at Side Kick Drums

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, a tom or drum up to 10" deep will fit in the riser stand.

Although I'm pretty sure blatant self advertisement shouldn't be allowed, here I'm not going to complain because I've been waiting for this product for a long time.

As a heavy user of the left foot for alternative accents, both as a double pedal and hi-hat (I'm looking at you deathmetalconga) I would love to have a snare available to the feet.

Also, does this fit smaller snare drums? say 10" or 12"?

Last edited:
Although I'm pretty sure blatant self advertisement shouldn't be allowed, here I'm not going to complain because I've been waiting for this product for a long time.

As a heavy user of the left foot for alternative accents, both as a double pedal and hi-hat (I'm looking at you deathmetalconga) I would love to have a snare available to the feet.

Also, does this fit smaller snare drums? say 10" or 12"?

Sorry for the blatant self advertisement, just trying to get it out there and see what the interest is. To answer your question, it is designed to fit a 13" or a 14" snare in diameter and for depth a 3.5" to a 10" deep snare or tom drum. Let me know if I can help you out with one.

Back