LED Lights for Drums

bonzolead

Platinum Member
Hi all,
As some of you know I just purchased a Crush acrylic kit, now i'm contemplating on getting some LED's for them but I'm curious if it would choke out the toms? the bass drum wouldn't. matter as much since I like a punchy bass drum anyway but don't. want to choke out the rest of the kit.

Here some pretty cool LED for drums..http://www.iwdrum.com/iw-drums/products/drumlite

there reasonable & they seem durable & I can make them any color I want.

So is there anybody out there with LED's in their drums & does it affect the tone?

I tried searching the threads but came up with nothing..any insight would be much appreciated...Thanks.

Keep Swattin'
Bonzolead

I wouldnt imagine that any sort of LED lights either in a tube or otherwise would be enough weight to really choke a drum, though theyd be really really bright in a clear acrylic kit (you would see the individual lights on the ring rather than a straight glow) unless you found a way to disperse the light better.

As far as lights in drums .... let's face it. It's for show. The application is for stage drums. So there's always gonna be a trade-off. I played Vistalites for over 25 years. I can't imagine too many things that would choke those drums ... at least to the point where they'd sound like crap. But, on the other hand, never once, did I ever try to record with Vistalites. Nope, wood in the studio ... acrylic on stage.​
That said, acrylic is extremely bright. So this light system might work even better in acrylic drums (than wood).​

That's kinda what I was thinking yes this is my stage kit so I think screw it its all about the show.k.lol but have to say I would love too record with these they do have a sweet sound..thanks for the insight HC ....Much appreciated

Bonzolead

I wouldnt imagine that any sort of LED lights either in a tube or otherwise would be enough weight to really choke a drum, though theyd be really really bright in a clear acrylic kit (you would see the individual lights on the ring rather than a straight glow) unless you found a way to disperse the l

ight better.
thanks I'm thinking probably just the bass drum for now and if I like it the rest of the kit...it would still have a cool effect..thanks for your input....bonzolead

What about a couple small colored floodlights on the floor, shining up through the drums? Should give a similar effect.

Yeah, the white disperses the light a bit better, though im sure on a dark stage the clear will have the same sort of effect, just the light will escape from the sides as well is all, with clear heads it might be a little bright while playing, though i would love to see it hands down, the BD would be the logical place to start.

Really all you can do is buy it and try it :)

Heres a shot of my kit with the par64's on the ceiling shining down thru the clear heads.
1587_270290200000_829835000_5211481_9333_n.jpg

I want to install just ONE interior LED pod under the dash of my car. Nothing too overpowering. I want this LED pod to come on the same as my interior dome light. (turns on when the door is open, and off when door is shut. THATS IT) Is it just simply splicing into the dash wire and connecting the LED pod? How many high density led can this work with? And do I need an extra fuse for this connection?

Back