What's your other passion(s)?

Winemaking, travel, sailing, and motorsports. Motorsports I'm the most passionate about, though.

My wife and I built the '86 Mustang road race car pictured below, which we just sold a couple years ago (although we have first right of refusal to buy it back if or when the buyer wants to change cars). I'm currently between track cars, and looking for our next project. Just spent last weekend in California at the Monterey Historics, looking at cars. Might have to do an early Mustang track car next. Have a team coming together for the 24 Hours of Lemons at Thunderhill next year, as well, and we'll probably build something utterly silly just for that one (since there's a $500 claiming rule for that event).

I've served as a driving instructor and steward for a number of car clubs that do track events all over the country. One of my favorite deals has been to travel to Vegas for the instructor gig with the Pantera Owners Club of America at their annual convention in March/April. Missed it this year for only the second time in 16 years...

Member of the IEEE, SAE, and AES. If it is nerdy and involves one of my passions, I'm there!

Attachments

• 2004vegas.jpg
    2004vegas.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 271
  • mustangfquarter.jpg
    mustangfquarter.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 270
  • mustangrear.jpg
    mustangrear.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 277
  • interior_s.jpg
    interior_s.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Paragliding, Biking, Soccer, Hockey
Cars: Cyclist
Video Games: Skyrim, Portal, FLOW, Patapon, Kane & Lynch, Rock Band
Drinks: Beer, Beer, More, Beer
Women :D

I love my cars and my driving, even slow, terrible handling cars are a laugh for me. For a few years I spent plenty of cash modifying my s15. It makes 330hp at the wheels at 20psi of boost and I think it's one of the best shapes out there. I realized cars are a rich mans game but I still have and love the thing. I now live in the city but I can't bring myself to sell it. Here I am on the skid pan a few years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RospvCRZfg

One day when the time is right, I want to do track days or drift or rally or something.

Nissan USA screwed the pooch on this one. They finally decide to bring over the 180sx, but they threw a truck motor in it and rebadged it as the 240sx. Then the same with the US version of the S14. I've got one (Zenki) and decided to keep the KA24DE and turbo'd the snot out of it. It is a torque monster. Then, right when things start getting good and the sexy S15 rolls onto showrooms across the world, we got...nothing. The S15 has eluded me for years, but one day I will find an import and have it regulated. I'll park it next to the FD3S.
Good driving by the way.

Playing bass, skydiving, riding motorbikes, golf, photography, doodling, dogs, wildlife, sex.

My other passion is the thing I did to earn a living for about 40 years, writing and producing TV. I still keep my hand in with a website aimed at helping newbies get into the biz. This and drums have totally filled my soul.

This isn't intended as an ad, just an honest answer to a good question.

miXe5.png

MMA (watching, to old and have to many injuries to train)
Video Games
Movies (or Cinema for the film snobs ;) )
Pop Culture

Edit: And women although they seem to have no interest in me. ;)

Last edited:
MMA (watching, to old and have to many injuries to train)
Video Games
Movies (or Cinema for the film snobs ;) )
Pop Culture

Edit: And women although they seem to have to interest in me. ;)

Just wanted to say I love the avatar :)

Travel (off to Kathmandu in January)
Vintage Port (Celebrated my 50th in Porto)
Family
Photography
Percussion
Vintage Tribal Carpets
420 Opportunities

GJS

Nissan USA screwed the pooch on this one. They finally decide to bring over the 180sx, but they threw a truck motor in it and rebadged it as the 240sx. Then the same with the US version of the S14. I've got one (Zenki) and decided to keep the KA24DE and turbo'd the snot out of it. It is a torque monster. Then, right when things start getting good and the sexy S15 rolls onto showrooms across the world, we got...nothing. The S15 has eluded me for years, but one day I will find an import and have it regulated. I'll park it next to the FD3S.
Good driving by the way.

Yeah, it's a bits weird that you guys missed out, I think it could have sold well. I had a 180 too.

At least your used cars are cheap.

I practice kickboxing, I play Brazilian jiujitsu, train MMA, and I'm an amateur race driver (mostly rally, auto-x and fun lapping).

That's about it. Needless to say, my hobbies are not cheap :/

So Im very excited... today I signed up for my next photo shoot :) This one will be a little different though, less sweet, more rock and roll (leather pants arrived in the mail today -nuff said). Plan on including part or all of the drum kit in these pics. Happens next month....I'll update you then :)

Happy Drumming and whatever other passions you may have!

Mary O

Watching Baseball.
How do you like how I do it?
I go to my fav sports club and I seat my girlfriend in the perfect place. :)
I buy her whatever she wants to eat and drink.
She is happy, and I am happy with the arrangement.
It works for me.

Attachments

• photo.jpeg
    photo.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 160
Backpacking and camping.

Cycling. Especially endurance events. The longer the better. Not RAAM long, but a couple hundred miles are nice.

So on a much lighter note than my other thread I currently have going... I'm very excited because tomorrow I'm getting more pinup shots done! And this time I'm taking the drum kit (or at least part of it) with me for the shoot. This should be fun! :) Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a new profile pic. Stay tuned...

A sneak peek from my photo shoot yesterday. (Photo is copyrighted so please don't share and get me in trouble before I get final rights.).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 147
Back