the new iphone

Had they named it the iPhone 5 it probably would have sold 2 million.

HAHA - this is so true. All the pre-release hate going around wouldn't exist if Apple changed the name from 4S to 5. I personally prefer the iPhone 4's body design over the rumored one anyway, which was guessed to have beveled edges and a larger screen. My Sprint contract finished at the beginning of September, so I've been patiently waiting for this iPhone update to finally release...

We find out later on. Tomorrow!

My contract with my current phone expires next August. I'm looking at iOS or WP7 at the moment but I have a while to think about it. I'm not getting another Android device - although mine is ok. I'm looking forward to seeing what's new.

For everybody out there that dislikes Apple, that's fine. You have to admit though that Jonathan Ives knows how to design something beautiful.

Yeah, it looks nice enough, but I'd rather get the cool stuff early on, than have to wait until Apple comes out with its own version at a higher price.

Yeah, it looks nice enough, but I'd rather get the cool stuff early on, than have to wait until Apple comes out with its own version at a higher price.

So the Galaxy Tab 10.1, with buggy Android software, is cheaper than the iPad then?

I don't know about that. There are a gazillion manufacturers. I use a Sprint Slide with Android and it works very well for me so far.

Well the current trend with tablets (with notable exceptions - the Amazon Fire) is that equivalent Android tablets are more expensive in general than the iPad.

I have an HTC phone with Android (running Cyanogen Mod 7) and the original Android installation was very buggy. I just don't think it's there yet and it's rushed into release.

Well the current trend with tablets (with notable exceptions - the Amazon Fire) is that equivalent Android tablets are more expensive in general than the iPad.

I have an HTC phone with Android (running Cyanogen Mod 7) and the original Android installation was very buggy. I just don't think it's there yet and it's rushed into release.

My phone is an HTC and seems to work well enough. Somtimes it says there's not enough memory to do things and I have to clear the content out of some of the apps I have added on. Other than that, it's like a pocket computer.

I am surprised to hear about Android products costing more than Apple.

You have to admit though that Jonathan Ives knows how to design something beautiful.

Very much agreed, that's one of my biggest gripes with android; their hardware just isn't there. Well, it is there, but it's more of an internals pissing contest. I think either yesterday sometime I found out the A5 processor that's in the 4S is clocked at 800MHz all the while the purported Samsung GS3 is supposed to have a 1.8MHz processor. And in about 9-12months time after both of their releases, the iPhone will probably still run smoother than SG3.

Back