How to get your cymbals like this?

Just stick with straight stands and the occasional boom stand. That is for people that have 15 roadies and can afford to buy thousands of dollars of rack parts.

i would be more interested if there were some kind of benefit to suspending cymbals rather then resting on stands..... other then just not having cymbal stands blocking your view....

and for nick menza, his is a custom job built just for him, the middle one (stryper?) i have no clue, the last one looks like it's a gibraltar rack and you can buy all the parts on musicians friend but it will cost several thousand to build that kind of cage.....

If you want a quickie for this, which might be dangerous for your cymbals, use a boom stand and fasten the cymbal upside down, using a wing-nut to lock it in place. Then, turn the boom arm upside down, so the cymbal is relatively right-side up.

But I recommend not to do this, as again, it could be dangerous.

and for nick menza, his is a custom job built just for him, the middle one (stryper?) i have no clue, the last one looks like it's a gibraltar rack and you can buy all the parts on musicians friend but it will cost several thousand to build that kind of cage.....

The first 2 are Nick Menza and the last one is Audie Desbrow's kit from around '92. They are all mounted on Voelker racks... Desbrow's is a bit more custom than Menza's....

The question I'm asking myself is why would you want to?

I wonder if they throw in some free Spandex with one of those!

Falicon also made racks like that.

You can sometimes find them on Ebay.

Or, you can just play your kit.

Back