Do you guys think this is wrong?

BattleArmor

Silver Member
Someone who uses one essay for a college class, as the basis for another, longer essay, for an entirely other class?

If you actually wrote the first draft and aren't ripping off some poor unsuspecting sod, then sure, why not? As you said, you're expanding and elaborating on a former idea or concept, as opposed to handing in a regurgitated "copy" of exactly the same thing, then what could it hurt? If the topic is applicable to both classes,....more power to you.

It's a bit like a rebounded double stroke for mine.....two hits for the price of one. :)

If the instructor should find out I doubt you'd be happy! Do your studies without flaws and take pride in your work how you study and how you accept tasks will mold you into the man your gonna be. No short cuts, always the best you have to offer and it will be evident that your integrity is not a put on. How you conduct yourself early in life is the key to be able to choose from right or wrong without exception. Your asking a drum forum so I'm gussing you know what you need to do. ps/ your rack tom is flat get the tuning up abit! Doc

I do this all the time, infact im encouraged to do so by my lecturers, as all my classes are linked in some-way-or-another.
What I CANT do, is literally use the same text as the previous assignment, you either need to paraphrase or reference yourself (which is awesome).
Hope this helps!

I've never met a professor who had a problem with assignment overlap. Why reinvent the wheel? My employer would kill me if I did that stuff today.

If you actually wrote the first draft and aren't ripping off some poor unsuspecting sod, then sure, why not? As you said, you're expanding and elaborating on a former idea or concept, as opposed to handing in a regurgitated "copy" of exactly the same thing, then what could it hurt? If the topic is applicable to both classes,....more power to you.

It's a bit like a rebounded double stroke for mine.....two hits for the price of one. :)

Yes, as long as you are just ripping yourself off, no problem. You should recast your old work for the new class.

Once in college I had two different classes assign me a paper on the EXACT same topic, and both wanted it the same length.

So, I wrote one paper and turned it in twice.

What else could I do?

As long as it's your paper, and not someone else, I see no problem.

Back