Gibraltar Intruder Direct Drive Single Pedal?

Does anyone own this pedal? If so, what kind of rating would you give it in terms of smoothness, speed, power, and durability?

I had one. It worked as well as my iron cobra. It's not up to trick or axis smoothness, but it will compete with the IC, elim dw5000 and others in the price range.

I have two of these and I think that they compare very well to most of the other pro-line pedals by anyone else quite well.

Obviously, not everyone is going to like the footboard design and it is heavier that other pedals out there — which is why a lot of the extreme speed metal guys say it doesn't compare to Axis. That said, I think it is a bit lighter than the Tama Iron Cobra footboard.

It works fine for my needs and the price is much better than most of the other pro-line pedals — even though they have probably gone up by now.

I have two of these and I think that they compare very well to most of the other pro-line pedals by anyone else quite well.

Obviously, not everyone is going to like the footboard design and it is heavier that other pedals out there — which is why a lot of the extreme speed metal guys say it doesn't compare to Axis. That said, I think it is a bit lighter than the Tama Iron Cobra footboard.

It works fine for my needs and the price is much better than most of the other pro-line pedals — even though they have probably gone up by now.

Yeah, about the price, do you think Axis' prices will rise too? Because if they don't, it may be wiser to just get some X Longboards instead of Intruders if Gibraltar raises their price...

I just checked, and the Axis XL-Longboards are $199.99, and the Gibraltar Intruders are $119.99.

If Gibraltar raises the price to, let's say, $149.99, then I think I'd rather spend $400 for phenomenal pedals than $300 for just decent pedals.

What do you think?

If Gibraltar raises the price to, let's say, $149.99, then I think I'd rather spend $400 for phenomenal pedals than $300 for just decent pedals.

What do you think?

That's a lot of "if's" but the premise I agree with. I replaced my Gibraltar with trick pro-1v big foot pedals.

The Axis and Gibraltar Intruder pedals are extreme opposites. Axis pedals are very light and feathery. The Intruders are heavy hitting pedals with a lot of weight transfer. They slam into the head.

The Axis and Gibraltar Intruder pedals are extreme opposites. Axis pedals are very light and feathery. The Intruders are heavy hitting pedals with a lot of weight transfer. They slam into the head.

That's a good way to differentiate. The GIbraltar is a streightforward, heavy duty power pedal. The axis is a refined and precise pedal.

The gibraltar has as much "speed" as you can muster into it, but it's action and feel are unsophisticated by compare to Trick or Axis.

Seems the Axis and Trick pedals are neck-n-neck for best direct drive pedal. Would you all say the Intruder is #3?

The yamaha FD is a bit more refined than the gibraltar. Gibraltar would have to vie for 3rd in this case.

and the new pearl pedal is supposed to top the axis and the tricks (supposed)

Personally I think the Demon Drive will not be as successful as Pearl hopes, they should have waited a bit longer and thought of something a lot more original; the DD is just like the Trick Pro-1V, only with less adjustments. The thing is, though, Pearl also made the price WAAYY too high, if people do buy it, it will be after a few years when Pearl decides to drop the price a fair amount.

The yamaha FD is a bit more refined than the gibraltar. Gibraltar would have to vie for 3rd in this case.

Just checked out the FD on Yamaha's page. (At least I think it was the FD- it didn't actually say. Model # FP9415) Looks great, but I can't use it- I gotta have a toe stop. I even have one on my hihat pedal. Without 'em my feet get all up in the chains... my actual playing technique is pretty good, but my feet tend to creep forward... So, the Intruder would be more like # 3a rather than 4?

after my iron cobras i must have a look at the gibraltar!
see i am trying to get quite a heavy feel out the iron cobras and i just can't find it:(

does anyone know what setting i should put them on so they are not stupid feather weight!

MOOSE

Personally I think the Demon Drive will not be as successful as Pearl hopes, they should have waited a bit longer and thought of something a lot more original; the DD is just like the Trick Pro-1V, only with less adjustments. The thing is, though, Pearl also made the price WAAYY too high, if people do buy it, it will be after a few years when Pearl decides to drop the price a fair amount.

a shop in england(birmingham drum centre)
has just started selling em'.

£190 for single not bad price (same as the dw 9000)

£495 for double!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to much! even if it does have niger bearings! man.... i am only 11 but if i was going to get pedals or some other teenager or a bit older or younger was going to but a double £500! no chance!

MOOSE

a shop in england(birmingham drum centre)
has just started selling em'.

£190 for single not bad price (same as the dw 9000)

£495 for double!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to much! even if it does have niger bearings! man.... i am only 11 but if i was going to get pedals or some other teenager or a bit older or younger was going to but a double £500! no chance!

MOOSE

theres also a shop in liverpool that sells it for £419 (the double)

Yeah, about the price, do you think Axis' prices will rise too? Because if they don't, it may be wiser to just get some X Longboards instead of Intruders if Gibraltar raises their price...

I just checked, and the Axis XL-Longboards are $199.99, and the Gibraltar Intruders are $119.99.

What do you think?

Prices are going to go up to a certain extent. I am only aware of Yamaha raising their prices so far.

With the economy the way it is, hopefully most companies will hold off on price increases unless they absolutely can't avoid it.

You have to try them all out and see what happens. I had a friend that went though a long wait to get the Axis and he ended up hating the feel of them. So he traded them in for a DW 9000.

Back