help needed!

dannie

Hi there,

I want to buy an electric drum kit as a gift for someone. They are complete beginers on the drums but can play many other instraments and beat match (one of those anoying people that are great at everything to do with music, picking things up in minutes!!!)

First of all, is it a really awful idea for someone to learn on electric drums, or ok????

I want to get the best I can afford, (£600 ish), I will go over a bit if it's really, really really worth it.

I need everyones help with this, I have no idea what to get and am in dire need of some pro opinions!!!

Thank you
xxxxxxxxxxxx

They are great to learn on, I myself played a Yamaha dt express, and practice now on a Roland td9- Best bet is Roland for the sounds and a good but is the new HD1 around £600 or less at this time- it is compact and whilst it has limited kits and is not as speced up as the bigger Roland kits, its ideal for a learner........thats if you want new.
If you want second hand then E bay is a fair bet and go for the td 9 KV it is far better in that it has many more sounds and settings that can be changed, also loads of drum kits in the brain- and best of all, mesh heads so it plays a lot more like an acoustic kit with drum heads in that you get stick bounce.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

Regards H

Last edited:
Back