Farewell my friends :)

Sad to see you go, Henri. You're easily one of my favorites on this forum. I understand the addictive nature of this place and the trouble that can cause :-( I've been forced to scale way back on my involvement due to work and personal life issues, too, so yeah, I get it.

I hope you get things sorted out and stabilized soon so you can return. Until then, you will be sorely missed ... Cheers!

Dear Drummerfriends

As some of you knows, I'm on the verge of moving to yet another country, I'm returning to the UK very shortly, with all the turmoil it creates when you have to establish yourself in a new foreign environment, finding jobs, finding a property and being able to regain a "normal" way of living.

While I love this forum and the members more than you can imagine, I feel I need to be away from this place which has been so addictive and so pleasurable for just under 2 years now.

My daily input here has been tremendous and I enjoyed every single moments sharing drum talk, laughs, cartoons, music and all what makes this forum such a wonderful place to be, with friends and drums loving people, but my focus right now is set on very important issues in my life at this stage, and as such I feel compelled to withdraw myself from this amazing brotherhood that Drummerworld has become for me.

I will ask Bernhard to change my profile as a guest here on DW, as the willpower to refrain myself posting here is far to addictive to resist, how one is quitting smoking if the cigarettes are readily in front of their nose all day... willpower is not one my inner strength when it's about letting go something which is dear to my heart, so as such I felt it was the best resolution to take.

I will return to this forum once my life is somewhat sorted out, especially that I have unfinished business with a certain lady who still owe me a post :)

Thank you to all of you for your support, friendship, humor, discussion and all what makes this place so good and so alive, you know who you are ;-)

I will make my best to attend the London Drum Show in London this coming October were I will hopefully meet many DW members.

So until then... farewell my friends.

Best ever regards

Henri - MAD - Mad About Drums

Bummer, we will be lesser without you. Come back soon and good luck in your new endeavors!

Henri - I understand the addiction, and the time required here. I hope things work out in your move and personal life and we'll see you here again. I hope you at least come on as a 'lurker' once in awhile. bon voyage!

all the best brother Henri

I'll hold your spot at the dinner table

You will definitely be missed around here.

I know you gotta do what you gotta do though. Take care. I hope to see you on the forum soon.

Good luck with the move!

I will ask Bernhard to change my profile as a guest here on DW, as the willpower to refrain myself posting here is far to addictive to resist,

Aw, come on Henri. That's not fair to Berhard. Post, or don't. It's not his job to regulate your addictions. :p

But who's gonna do all the funny pictures and avatars and stuff??????
Take care good luck hope all goes well

OMG you knocked ANOTHER girl up? Running from the fuzz are we? Witness protection program? Foreign legion?

Seriously, I'm afraid this place will degrade into a classless cesspool of simmering muck without your influence here George Bailey.

Hey man, we're with you in spirit. We'll all be looking out for your return.

I wish you all the best my good friend, be safe and come home soon.

Geez Henri! I missed this thread and now I find you've vamoosed!

Thanks heaps for all the kind things you've done and said. You're a good man, George Bailey (don't know who George Bailey is, but ...).

I think it's a very good idea, though. If I had any sense I'd do the same. Enjoy having a life - you'll get heaps done and feel good about yourself.

The irony is that I was about to do the 10k post on the 10k thread - no, really! :)

The irony is that I was about to do the 10k post on the 10k thread - no, really! :)

Good thing you saw this one in time. Now you can hold that 10,000th post as leverage to make sure he comes back!

Now that he's gone, let the trash talk begin!

JK. I don't think there's anything anyone can say against that guy.

THIS BETTER NOT BE A JOKE YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH!!!
Sorry, sorry, just had to get that out of my system.
I don't think you'll have the willpower to stay away for too long TBH but on the off-chance you're away for an extended period, just wanted to echo everyone else's comments that the place won't be as fun without your cartoons to liven things up.
Also, just wanted to say thanks as a proud customer of "Henri's Avatar Emporium" for taking my original avatar and coming up with something that made it look like a "My Little Pony" cartoon in comparison.
What really blew me away was the fact that there was not a single word of correspondence between us (regarding design, colour, etc) and yet you produced this awesome image (as far as I'm concerned anyway) totally off your own bat with no input from me.
Anyway, good luck with sorting your life out and get back here ASAP (I give you 2 weeks, tops) ; )

I think a little wager is in order here. I'm betting he returns.....at least for a post or 2.....hmmm....he's a pretty serious guy.....I'll give him 4 weeks with no contact. So in the 5th week sometime. So June 11th or later. He can't stay away that long, it can't be done!

Back