Drumnetics, anyone???

The axle magnets are new and seem like they'll add some needed action to the pedal, I look forward to trying them again soon!

I'm thrilled with my Taye pedal, but I always like to keep my finger, or in this case, foot on the pulse of drum gear.

Bermuda

I do not exaggerate when I say this pedal will create the biggest stir in pedals since the stage was lit up with the original Speed King in 1937. People were completely blown away at 2012 summer NAMM. No joke. This device is a serious unit.

If I was in the market for a new pedal this would be it and I'll probably end up getting one.

These first couple of offerings will eventually be collectors items.

I don't want to throw out info that is premature, but Mike has decided to go down the path of making the pedal himself (CNC machine, etc), and hopefully the pedals will be available in the very near future, through Drumnetics, as has been the case thus far.

Mike is very particular about his pedals. He's had the parts made by various shops and then puts it together himself, and often does things above and beyond just assembly to make sure each pedal functions exactly as he wants it to.

Now he will have total control over all aspects of the design and manufacture of it, which will make a huge difference for him in quality control, etc.

I'm still loving my converted Nucleus 3's to the newer axle magnets design of the 3XF.

I hope things go well for him and he gets these devices under the feet of thousands of drummers.

After 10 years... I'd have my (extremely infrequent) adjustments down. I tend to set it, and forget it.

Drumnetics isn't the answer. Get a Trick pedal. One gigantic compression spring adjustment knob, it's a no brainer. Turn it right, turn it left...all from a seated position. The drumnetics don't have a range of adjustment. All the drumnetics is, is a gimmick for a different form of restorative force, not some breakthrough in actual playability.( Much like the air pressure pedal.) You will not be reading about a widespread use of the drumnetics in the metal community. Or the jazz community for that matter. OTOH, the tricks (especially bigfoot) are selling very well. Ease of use and adjustability is a big part of it. Playability is the biggest part.

Interesting that when searching for Drumnetics using a common search engine (Google, DuckDuckGo etc.), the above quoted post, from this very thread is presented within the top 3 results from Drummerworld Official Discussion Forum - yet this post is the only, single, Negative Post within all of the Drummerworld Forum threads (please search the forum for yourself to see)

I just received my single Longboard in October 18, which is updated to include 5 magnet pairs - the thing is Awesome, and I've been playing over 40 years.

I do not know why this negative result appears, but it is an opinion from someone who never used the product. In fact, if you search the user's name from the above quoted post within the forum, the individual was an agitator that was permanently removed from the Official Drummerworld Forum some years ago.

I have written to Drummerworld's founder, and requested action by flagging the post - and ask that readers do the same. Yes Drumnetics is still in business, has expanded their facilities and growing fast. Here is a picture of the Long Board single I received early this month.

Attachments

• small IMG_20181023_130905.jpg
    small IMG_20181023_130905.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 269
Interesting that when searching for Drumnetics using a common search engine (Google, DuckDuckGo etc.), the above quoted post, from this very thread is presented within the top 3 results from Drummerworld Official Discussion Forum - yet this post is the only, single, Negative Post within all of the Drummerworld Forum threads (please search the forum for yourself to see)

I just received my single Longboard in October 18, which is updated to include 5 magnet pairs - the thing is Awesome, and I've been playing over 40 years.

I do not know why this negative result appears, but it is an opinion from someone who never used the product. In fact, if you search the user's name from the above quoted post within the forum, the individual was an agitator that was permanently removed from the Official Drummerworld Forum some years ago.

I have written to Drummerworld's founder, and requested action by flagging the post - and ask that readers do the same. Yes Drumnetics is still in business, has expanded their facilities and growing fast. Here is a picture of the Long Board single I received early this month.

I can't help but ask if you are associated in someway with the company. I've never seen an average joe get worked up about finding a negative review pop up on a google search, enough to contact a forum admin to have it flagged.

I can't help but ask if you are associated in someway with the company. I've never seen an average joe get worked up about finding a negative review pop up on a google search, enough to contact a forum admin to have it flagged.

Hi Konaboy - Thanks for asking. I'm located in KC, and have no business connection with Mike Van Dyke (Drumnetics Owner/Founder/Designer) or Drumnetics the Company, other than as a customer. I'm retired at (60), but owned two IT startups (both product and Service), and enjoy finding out about and testing new innovations. I've played drums for over 40 years, and actually still own a set of zickos (manufactured here in KC), with original clear Evans heads (was a joint effort between the two companies back then in the mid 70's - both innovative and just emerging at the time). Back then, Evans was located in Dodge City KS, where I visited the factory and met with Mr. Evans himself. I was actually playing a gig in Dodge City when I visited. I've also met Bill zickos at his home in KC to buy replacement parts years later after the company closed.

I just purchased a Roland TD 17 set this year (late 2018) and decided to look for a new Bass Drum pedal (my other 3 were really worn, noisey and/or broken). My research eventually led me to take a look into Drumnetics. Mike VanDyke had just decided to ramp up the operation full time - and was fun to talk to - in fact, at this stage in the game, most anyone can reach out to him and he will respond. Well - given my penchant to try potential breakthroughs, I decided to purchase one of his new Singles.

In final answer to your question, I was bothered by the persistent Drummerworld post that shows up when searching for drumnetics using Google or other search engines. Being retired and experienced with the challenges of building start-ups, I just had to look into it further - just part of my person I guess. This result still pops up, and I have yet to hear back from Drummerworld. My concern is if Drummerworld or someone else has made this post appear on purpose. Given this is the only negative post on the product in all of Drummerworld's forums - is Drummerworld vendor neutral - or not? If not, why is this particular post associated with a generic search result of Drumnetics - why have they not responded? fair question to ask?

I just like to see good start-up's with years of history be given an equal chance for honest mention. If you owned a product you liked, and saw a skewed result like this, would this not bother you?

Here is a clip of the search result using duckduckgo. If you had a great product and only positive user responses on Drummerworld, would you expect to see this? If you were consider purchasing (no cheap)- would you want to know why this shows up? I'm of the opinion that Drummers aren't dumb!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 218

I have no business connection with Drumnetics - I just enjoy getting the word out on pioneering products, especially from USA Companies!

I've been wanting to try these out for years, but haven't gotten around to it. Glad I haven't up to now, since it looks like they've upgraded the whole magnet set-up.

I'm curious though... I travel a good amount for gigs. Would all the magnets cause any problems going through the x-ray machines at the airport? And if my phone gets near it, would the magnets screw with that in any way? I apologize if these questions seem stupid. I'm not super well-versed in the finer points of electronics/technology.

Looks just as relevant as anything else. Nothing's broken i my case though, so no need for a fix.

I've been wanting to try these out for years, but haven't gotten around to it. Glad I haven't up to now, since it looks like they've upgraded the whole magnet set-up.

I'm curious though... I travel a good amount for gigs. Would all the magnets cause any problems going through the x-ray machines at the airport? And if my phone gets near it, would the magnets screw with that in any way? I apologize if these questions seem stupid. I'm not super well-versed in the finer points of electronics/technology.

The magnets should not cause any problems with TSA or your phone - there are many magnetic phone holders on the market and they do not interfere with the GPS/Compass or other functions of your phone. One drawback is that the pedal does not fold and is rather bulky - that being said, the compromise is a complete lack of wiggles and silent operation. One other drawback is that you need to supply some extra man-torque when attaching pedal to the rim. Works fine on my electronic TD-17 Roland kick. Hope this helps.

As I had posted earlier, it's been a few years since I had my foot on one of these pedals, well before they added the extra magnets.

I've ordered one to give it a try, and will let you (and the manufacturer, Mike Van Dyk) know how I like it!

Bermuda

Last edited:
As I had posted earlier, it's been a few years since I had my foot on one of these pedals, well before they added the extra magnets.

I've ordered one to give it a try, and will let you (and the manufacturer, Mike Van Dyk) know how I like it!

Bermuda

I’ll be looking forward to your review!

I have owned one for just over 4 years, i play 2-4 hours every night (some nights maybe 90 minutes if i'm lazy) and the thing is just perfect all the time. And is like new still.. other than polished from my socks:)

The guy that makes them is awesome to deal with too..

I am curious whats the magnet upgrade? Mine looks like it's the same setup as your new one..

P.S. it's one of the only drumming items i own that i never second guessed the purchase.

I have owned one for just over 4 years, i play 2-4 hours every night (some nights maybe 90 minutes if i'm lazy) and the thing is just perfect all the time. And is like new still.. other than polished from my socks:)

The guy that makes them is awesome to deal with too..

I am curious whats the magnet upgrade? Mine looks like it's the same setup as your new one..

P.S. it's one of the only drumming items i own that i never second guessed the purchase.

Each rotator now has 4 magnets instead of 2, and Mike said this setup uses smaller magnets. I have no experience with your model, but I think you can choose either version for the same price - at least he gave me that choice before the final build, and I was OK with being a guinea pig. I did pay $20 USD to get the LB version. I'd stick with what you have until someone can compare the two - I seriously doubt mine is any better (don't think that's possible), and the size of the black rotators seem the same. Also, seems to me that having the extra magnets might actually limit the flexibility of the throw and return adjustments that your dual mag rotator 3XF design inherently has. I know Mike is working on additional double ideas - having a future single that can dual-purpose as a slave might ultimately be the compromise here - don't know though. I'd give him a call - he always returns calls !!

Last edited:
Each rotator now has 4 magnets instead of 2, and Mike said this setup uses smaller magnets. I have no experience with your model, but I think you can choose either version for the same price - at least he gave me that choice before the final build, and I was OK with being a guinea pig. I did pay $20 USD to get the LB version. I'd stick with what you have until someone can compare the two - I seriously doubt mine is any better (don't think that's possible), and the size of the black rotators seem the same. Also, seems to me that having the extra magnets might actually limit the flexibility of the throw and return adjustments that your dual mag rotator 3XF design inherently has. I know Mike is working on additional double ideas - having a future single that can dual-purpose as a slave might ultimately be the compromise here - don't know though. I'd give him a call - he always returns calls !!

Thanks for the nfo! Yeah.. mine feels just perfect to me, although i wouldn't mind trying the longboard :) And Mike is a super nice guy to deal with.

Back