Gavin Harrison here!

Hey Gav, Axis...
It's big surprise for me. Axis is very fast pedals. To tell the truth, I thought you play on pedals Sonor, well or Pearl. There is I was mistaken.

PS Please, write the personal message with the answer to my question about Neil Peart.

Thanks, Sasha

e7z,
I have the Sonor pedals too - and they're great - it's just that my feet had already got used to the Axis - and as I said - the Axis have a particular feel and my feet seem to be pretty stubborn about changing pedals.

Regarding your Neil Peart questions.
I admire Neil greatly for the way he plays - the fact that he was such a pioneer in progressive music and that he has incredible amounts of enthusiasm and energy towards the drumset.
He may not be as fast as some of the kids today - but I don't think he's trying to compete with them anyway...and I'm completely unimpressed by how fast someone can play.
He is very musical and thoughtful in his approach to the instrument and I believe has his own voice on the drums. Something that very few people ever achieve.
I do know Neil personally - and he's the perfect gentleman too.

Thanks
Gavin

Gavin Harrison said:
e7z,
IRegarding your Neil Peart questions.
He may not be as fast as some of the kids today - but I don't think he's trying to compete with them anyway...and I'm completely unimpressed by how fast someone can play.
He is very musical and thoughtful in his approach to the instrument and I believe has his own voice on the drums. Something that very few people ever achieve.

Well said!

After watchin the DVD one suggestion for the next one...
Please feel free to show us your playin on the outro...you were doin some killer licks at the end but didn't give any visuals - man that sucks....LOL....

I need to see to better comprehend.......

Hey Gavin, I'm a big fan of yours, you're amazing. I feel so bad that I couldn't manage to see PT when you where in Frankfurt. I hope you liked it here and will come back someday soon.

Hello Gavin!

Love your books!!! I have'nt gotten your dvd, but I'm sure it is amazing. I saw someone asked you about meshuggah. Thomas is an amazing drummer. My question is.. have you ever heard of The Dillinger Escape plan? I've talked to Chris a couple of times and he loves your books!!

Thank You

DrumDemon

I have desire to get Clavia Ddrum 4 modul, but I have doubts in such purchase. Whether there is a sense to record, using Ddrum and what triggers are better for buying? I want to construct small studio for record of own projects. Could You consult me on this question. Thanks.

Hi e7z,
I have a ddrum4 - but don't use it much. I think it's fantastic - but for the last few years I've just be concentrating on acoustic drums. Also it's one of the few 'modules' that you can get your own sounds into - although it's not easy. Forget trying to trigger an external module through midi as there is always a delay.
The ddrum triggers are also very good and work very well with the ddrum4 module.

cheers
Gavin

Great vid, can't wait.

The shopping cart will be full this summer...PT DVD, instructional DVD and books!

Thanks for the preview, Gavin. I just can't understand why PT isn't bigger on this side of the pond.

Awesome video Gavin. Looking forward to the dvd.

Is the setlist mainly Deadwing/In Absentia stuff?

Cheers,

jonny

Great clips. I'll say it again: I love the way you use double base. I know everyone has their own taste but to me this is how they should be played. Really wish I could be in Chicago at the end of June!!

John Wesley compliments you guys very well. Has the band ever talked about him being a permanent member?

Gavin I thoroughly enjoyed that video of 'Blackest Eyes'. I was actually discussing Porcupine Tree with a guitarist friend of mine yesterday, the name just popped up into the conversation. I can't say I'm a particular follower of your work, but after seeing that video I may have just changed my mind. I'm sorely tempted to check out that DVD when it comes out, great work. I really like your use of effects cymbals particularly. Beautiful little flourishes, exactly what they're designed for.

Back