One of the most incredible songs I've ever heard

The album should be something special, especially the track "Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise."

where are you finding new songs? I've listened to the song in the OP at least once/day since you posted it... I'm really digging it.

where are you finding new songs? I've listened to the song in the OP at least once/day since you posted it... I'm really digging it.

I live in the same city as them, they had a listening party and I've met them on numerous occasions, I'm casual friends with a couple of the band members

Frost, you must be fortunate then!
I'm gradually digging this song more and more... Especially when the double bass stuff starts it's really kicking (at 5.33 min into the song). Still a bit long overall, but not boring. I think I'll buy that album, I'm still an extreme music newbie.

Back on topic - I have another piece to share - it's touching me when I'm listening to it. Simply phenomenal guitarists (Marty Friedman, Jason Becker), great (in lack of a better word) melodies, and coherent song structures. Deen Castronovo on drums.

Cacophony - "Images" (instrumental)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpNIkRHbDZM
(Unfortunately the audio quality of the link is so-so.)

Last edited:
Ohh... I see. Cheater :)

Shhh!

Seriously, I would have made this thread even if I'd never met them :p

This isn't some shameless plug for some guys I know, it's seriously an absolutely extraordinary track with a unique sound that deserves to be shared about.

Shhh!

Seriously, I would have made this thread even if I'd never met them :p

This isn't some shameless plug for some guys I know, it's seriously an absolutely extraordinary track with a unique sound that deserves to be shared about.

Yea. No argument here. I don't know them at all and I've already told 2 people about them (which is a lot for me).

I "liked" and shared them on facebook today - they totally deserve it. They've been our MySpace friends for some time now, but it was my musical partner who added them and I didn't take a closer look except listening into one track.

Dan Presland (their ex and studio drummer) created a thread on Derek Roddy's forum on this song:
New Ne Obliviscaris song
http://www.derekroddy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20403

Last edited:
Sorry for posting again, but yesterday I discovered a song which really floored me. I admit I was touched to tears (almost every time I was listening to it again). This happens very seldom with music (and sometimes with my orig. stuff!). This song is almost too good to be true. It can't get any better in this field.

Loreena McKennitt - Caravanserai (HQ)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QpRCK1IbiE
(EDIT: Bought the album yesterday.)

I know some of Loreena's music/albums, but not all. She surprised me once more. IMO this song has an incredible build-up and dynamics, each instrument part is a piece of art in itself, but the combination is phenomenal.

Last edited:
Overall, I really like the song structure. Certainly on the progressive side of things.

I love odd mixes of style....but I dont really care for growling.

...unless its Masha Scream from ARKONA. ; ) she dosent just growl...she uses it more like a spice than a staple...and any woman who has the presence and confidence to sucessfully develop growling is wonderful...especially in a cyrilic language.

Back