Aaron Kennedy

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
I went to another clinic tonight at my local ma and pa and was surprised to see how good this guy is for not being known at all. An Irish lad, now living in Pennsylvania, and running the DrummingAcademy, he had a lot to say about, Move to Improve. In other words try to make what you do everyday about getting better. A real down to earth, 37 year old, who was gigging with his dad from age 12. A few pictures and I will upload the youtube vids when they have finished uploading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzho8ORo0YY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuW6vh7yM2E

Attachments

• CIMG1097.JPG
    CIMG1097.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 474
  • CIMG1098.JPG
    CIMG1098.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Thx Grunt... Do you know if he was using a double or a single pedal to get those bass drum triplets into his groove? I'm really impressed to see lately here, more guys going back to a single pedal approach.

K...

He has a very fast right foot and was using just it most of the night. But he did have a double pedal and played some triplets with it. See if you can see his knees move in the videos.

Yup, I was watching his left leg to see if it was in concert for the triplet figure. It seems as though he was using it to a point, but his hi hat cymbals never came open when i thought he might having been using a double pedal.

And he had no drop clutch on the hats. Someone asked him how he kept the hihat groove going with the double and he said most of it was one foot.

Grunt.... That just really raises my respect for this drummer. While i certainly believe double pedals have their place (in lieu of a missing second bass drum), nevertheless, I think that many of us have become a bit too dependent upon that second bass drum pedal, while working harder on our primary bass drum pedal abilities has been somewhat lax. I have also seen left foot bass drum techniques where the left foot floats between the hi hat and left bass drum pedal or a portion of the left foot is resting closely on both, to a great effect. A nice technique. Thanks again for sharing this fine drummer with us. :>)

Kelly

Back