Bands or acts you regret missing before they passed away

I missed a Mogwai and F--- Buttons show a few months ago... I could have gone, but it would have cost me over $100 in gas and 14 hours on the road.

I would much rather have gone, and regretted it until I made the money back... instead I kept the money, but have regretted it ever since.

I guess I'm pretty lucky, I DID get to see a lot of the bands mentioned here so far, so I'm not too bummed about those I've missed

I DID get to see:
SRV (once)
Queen (3 times)
AC/DC (with Bon, once, Powerage tour)
Frank Zappa (once with Bozzio once with Caliutta)
Thin Lizzy (twice)
Van Halen (twice, first time as an opening act for Sabbath)
Sabbath, w/Ozzy (see above)
And tons of others.

My only regret was not seeing Zep live, that would have been sweet.

For acts that I truly miss, especially since their departure came right after good albums:

Strapping Young Lad
Vader

Man I wish I would've seen them live.

For acts that I truly miss, especially since their departure came right after good albums:

Strapping Young Lad
Vader

Man I wish I would've seen them live.

I saw S.Y.L just in 2006, I felt so lucky when I heard they'd broken up. Now they're all in Zimmers hole, who despite being funny sometimes, suck.

I would have killed to see Damageplans first gig at Download 04". My parents wouldn't let me go down to Donnington though because I was only 14 at the time and nobody older would take me. I went to the one in Glasgow with some friends, which was a great time, but I was always a bit sad about missing Damageplan, especially when I heard about Dimes murder.

Tony Williams
Victor Borge
Phish (except they just reunited...)
Anyone else I would have loved to see broke up/passed away before I was born.

Guess I should add Buddy Rich, Don't much care for that style of music but to watch him play that kit live would be friggin awesome.

My list:

1.) Buddy Rich
2.) The Beatles
3.) Led Zeppelin (Bonzo)
4.) The Who (Moon)
5.) Queen (Mercury)
6.) Jimi Hendrix
7.) SRV
8.) Richard Pryor
9.) George Carlin

Not necessarily in that order.

No great surprises

Zep by a mile. (circa '77, preferably at LA Forum!)

Floyd. (circa '73)

Who with Moon. (circa '69)

I really wish I had a chance to see Johnny "Guitar" Watson....
One of my favorites....

Beatles
Hendrix
Who w/Moon
Zep w/Bonham
Zappa
Queen
SRV
Krupa
Tony Williams

I'm sure there are more.......

I really wish i could have been to prohibited beatz :(

also;
Frank Zappa
Miles Davis
Tony Williams
Sidney Bechet
AC with Bon Scott
The Who
The Beatles
Led Zep
etc....

pantera.
event though i wasn't alive when they were around but... meh
unless i find a rift in the time space continum and travel back in time to see them, and also take the bullet for Dimebag.
RIP Dimebag Darrel

Queen
Led Zeppelin
Buddy Rich
Pink Floyd
The Who

Well I didn't necessarily miss them. I saw them in '04. The Dave Matthews Band, but I feel lucky and fortunate to be able to have seen LeRoi Moore play before his tragic death. I feel mostly sorry for Dave, Carter, Victor, Boyd, and Stephan and of course LeRoi's family and friends. I was shocked when I heard of his death.

Back