Gretsch Cat Maple Mounting System

ChipJohns

Help ... !

I am looking for the size of the mounting system for the toms.

I see that most of the mounts are for 12.7mm and the Gretsch Website says they use the " GTS suspension system with ball-socket tom holders for flexible tom positioning," but it doesn't come out and say 12.7mm and it seems to me these mounts are smaller than usual. I want to get a second tom mound that is just a single mount so when I switch from 2 up to 1 up it will be easier. Only I want to make sure I buy the correct size.

My Cats are a year old so I don't have the NEW catalina's.

Any one know what size these are..?

Thanks

Any one know what size these are..?

I recently endured the same quest Chip. I researched the website as you have and came to the same conclusion. So went ahead and bought a 12.7mm Gibraltar single mount. Bad call......the bloody thing was too big!!

10.5mm is what you're looking for mate.

Thanks PFG.. Sorry for you pain, and do appreciate your experience..! @:)

Cheers

p.s. Hope your mates take on Ghana with success... If your watching. Our buys might not have lost, but we can't win either..! Good luck to both!

As the old saying goes, "a fool learn from his own mistakes......a wise man learns from the mistakes of others" :)

I don't hold much hope my friend, but it's a must win for the Aussies now.....hopefully they can pull out something big and limp over the line!

10.5mm is the correct size for Catalina Ash. Since they have been in the Gretsch line, both Catalina Ash and Catalina Maple have used 10.5mm tom arms. However, Gretsch will introduce the NEW Catalina Maple series this July and it will come with 12.7mm tom arms.
Thanks,
John

Hi John,

Yea, I seen the new Cats on the Gretschdrums website. Also, they have the 30 degree bearing edges. Can't wait to see the difference this is going to have.

I'm wondering why the didn't do this from the start? Makes me kind of jealous..

Back