Dakota Lovett

DakotaLovett

73838798.jpg

http://www.DakotaLovettDrummer.com

An artist immersed in his craft, Dakota Lovett is quickly establishing himself as a notable figure within the drumming community. From the age of 7 when he obtained his first kit, he has fostered a continual rhythmic state of mind. Born in Baton Rouge, LA, but raised in Texas, Dakota spent the majority of his time developing his skills and eventually began playing in church full time at the age of 9. At the age of 10 he landed his first paid gig and continued to play steadily. Now at 17, he’s been touring with country music artist Charla Corn and since June 2009 has played for over 20,000 fans at esteemed venues such as Billy Bob’s Texas, Ranch Bash Music Festival, San Angelo Music Festival, The Glass Cactus, and Texas Motor Speedway. He counts among his influences John Bonham, Jason Sutter, Josh Freese, Mitch Marine, Abe Laboriel Jr, Rich Redmond, Ken Tondre, and Michael Kelton. Dakota explains “I wake up every day with intense hunger for playing drums. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without music. Simply stated, I bleed passion for drumming.” Dakota has shared the stage with many of the country's biggest artists including: Josh Turner, Charlie Robison, Stoney LaRue, Aaron Watson, and (Golden Globe Winner) Ryan Bingham. And will continue racking up miles on the blacktop as he continues to tour the country in 2010 and beyond.

Last edited:
Hello,

It seems that you have reached stardom so fast, do you really had the time to enjoy drumming?

Hey Guys!

I'm new to this Forum, people have been asking me to join for a LONG time, and Voilà!! I finally made it!!!

Well, I'll be hanging out here for a while, chat drums, network, and get to know, YOU!!!

Feel Free to ask me ANY questions (Drums, Gear, Styles, Tuning, Etc.), and I will do my BEST to respond to ALL of them!!!

Cheers!
-Dakota

Oh, and before I forget, I'd like to thank the AMAZING folks at Paiste, Ludwig, Vater, Woodshed Percussion, QwikStix, and Red Dirt Cases!!!

Hi Dakota, Nice to meet you.
Were you profiled by DRUMMERWORLD?
I didn't see your DW Drummer Profile and DW vid on the home page.

Back