DW Memory Locks

con struct

Platinum Member
Hi, hi. I'm a new guy. Great site.
I know that DW has changed their hardware. I have two DW heavy duty cymbal stands that I got about, oh, about 8 years ago. Two memory locks, the clamps that sit on top of the tubes, broke eventually, and I wonder if anyone knows how I might get replacements. The new ones are different so they won't work.

I think you'd have to find one at a used music store. You might have to buy a whole new stand to get the piece...??? You won't have any luck contacting DW, and if you actually got through, I doubt they'd have any "left over".

On second thought, my best suggestion would be eBay. I'm a fan of buying local, so my mind doesn't typically go right to eBay first...

Welcome to Drummerworld!

I was afraid of that. I checked ebay with no luck. Really the only reason I'd like to replace them is for "cosmetic" purposes. Thanks.

Back in the day we used to use automotive hose clamps. I suspect that's where memory locks got their start.

Hi, hi. I'm a new guy. Great site.
I know that DW has changed their hardware. I have two DW heavy duty cymbal stands that I got about, oh, about 8 years ago. Two memory locks, the clamps that sit on top of the tubes, broke eventually, and I wonder if anyone knows how I might get replacements. The new ones are different so they won't work.

Funny, but not, I find this thread after I JUST broke one. I was cranking them down in preparation for tonights show, like I always do, and it just did break. I'll try to post a photo of this in the next day or two to this thread....by the way, this is the first DW hardware breakdown I have ever had in 6 years of using their equipment.

Now if I could just get a memory lock for my brain....

...is this what you are looking for?

I have two small, and one large. I think if I dig deep enough I might be able to find another of the larger ones.

Let me know if this helps.

barry

...is this what you are looking for?

I have two small, and one large. I think if I dig deep enough I might be able to find another of the larger ones.

Let me know if this helps.

barry

Hey, that's them, one large, one small, exactly what I want. Would you sell them to me?

Back