pedal springs interchangeable?

Well the question is in the title. I bought my first real kit about 8 months so I'm still learning about hardware. Do you have to buy certain springs for certain models or is there a standard spring for the most part? And if you have or buy an old used pedal should you worry about getting new springs for it?

Hey notjohnbonham, while it is possible to use different springs, I'd recommend getting ones that are designed for the pedal, since they tend to be of different sizes. In the case of an old pedal, try it out and if you think the springs have outlived their usefulness, you can change them.

And as a side comment, from experience I would always buy a stash of correctly sized springs whenever you buy a new pedal, because the manufacturers change the pedals from time to time and the sizes change. :) They are cheap as well so it is well worth it.

And as a side comment, from experience I would always buy a stash of correctly sized springs whenever you buy a new pedal, because the manufacturers change the pedals from time to time and the sizes change. :) They are cheap as well so it is well worth it.

Great advice. Manufacturers are always trying to look like they are making improvements on something even if the performance of it is going backwards.

Back