WE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!

People, people, people...put your fears to rest.

481565_357492124350057_456123555_n_zpsa07c4b00.jpg

(Disclaimer: the word is this is an Aztec, not a Mayan symbol, but the Oreo still says all is well.)

LOL @ masheanhead..Love it.

The world is not ending, the Mayan Calendar was bought out by Apple and December 22 2012 starts the new iMayan Calendar.

LOL @ masheanhead..Love it.

The world is not ending, the Mayan Calendar was bought out by Apple and December 22 2012 starts the new iMayan Calendar.

If you're still going off the old iMayan then you're practically a dinosaur. The current model named "The New iMayan" is totally worth your $600, it is .014 of an inch thinner, and seriously, why would you want to be caught with last years apple calendar?

I've met Dr.Tyson at the Hayden Planetarium.He's just a regular guy,and sci-fi junkie,especially Star-Trek.He just happens to have an IQ slightly under 190.

He was the nerdy,goofy kid nobody except other nerdy goofy kids wanted to play with.Glad he's on our side.:)

Steve B

Man, thats wonderful you got to meet him. He's one of those folks who I would be interested in hearing their thoughts on everything. Astrophysics, politics...favorite sandwich? Fascinating individual.

I'm with this writer:

A Short Course on the Mayan Calendar and the Apocalypse
Miss Cellania • 9 hours ago • 2
Dr. Phil Plait wrote a book called Death From The Skies, in which he details the many ways the Earth could be destroyed by astronomical events. But even he isn't worried about the world ending anytime soon, because he knows the odds -they're "astronomical." So why are people still talking about the December 21st apocalypse? Because they misunderstand what the Mayan calendar actually says.

It had as its basic units a day (called a k’in) and a 360-day period called a tun. The Maya understood that a physical year was five days longer than a tun, and had other calendars to deal with that. They had longer units, too, like the ka’tun—just shy of 20 years—and most importantly for apocalypse aficionados, the b’ak’tun—roughly 394 of our years. The starting point for their calendar (Year Zero, if you like) is 3114 B.C., the date they figured the Earth was created.

Knowing all this, we can match their calendar to ours and convert any date they used to our more familiar system. If you do the math, you’ll find that we are nearing the end of the 13th b’ak’tun. In fact, it ends on Dec. 21, 2012.

That’s this Friday. Cue the spooky music.

The thing is, there is no suggestion, not even a hint, in Maya writing that they thought the end of this current b’ak’tun had any connection to doomsday. It’s entirely possible it may have even been thought of as a time of celebration (just like we celebrate New Year’s Eve).

The Maya also had bigger units of time, including the piktun (which was either 13 or 20 b’ak’tun), and the alautun, which was—get this—63 million years! So it doesn’t sound like they were predicting the end of the world ever, let alone by this weekend.

At Bad Astronomy, Plait goes on to explain how other doomsday theories came about and were debunked in the past -and present. And, of course, we'll see more in the future. But as Douglas Adams once said, "Don't Panic."

http://www.neatorama.com/2012/12/19/A-Short-Course-on-the-Mayan-Calendar-and-the-Apocalypse/

Still, I suppose the end of the world could be kind of fun in a "Wow, I didn't really believe that was coming!" sort of way.

Does anyone know what time this is supposed to happen? I want to know whether or not I should bother making a full pot of coffee or 1/2.

I want to get the nerd who thought this up togeather with the nerd who dreamed up that
Y2K crap and slap them both in the teeth.

Science disproves every stupid theory these people come up with. What about the one of that planet NOT EVEN IN OUR SOLAR SYSTEM that's supposed to collide with Earth? Apparently people don't get that so they think it's invisible (actually saw that on the news sadly). Who's to say the calendar was even read correctly from an ancient civilization that hasn't existed for countless years.

I want to get the nerd who thought this up togeather with the nerd who dreamed up that
Y2K crap and slap them both in the teeth.

Actually, the Y2K issue was 100% for real and correct.

The amazing thing was that the human race actually anticipated a problem and cooperated anough to take evasive action.

to people who believe, there is no fricking evidence, idont blame you for believing but its only cos some calendar ends.
This has been preticted like 10 times in the past 14 years.
The prediction is that we will get hit by another planet even though we are not near to qny planets qt the moment and if there was q planet going to hit us we would have seen it a konth ago because it would be bigger than the sun. For f*** sake no offense but religion and all this bollocks is by far the worst thing to ever happen.

Back