Another metronome question

Selkies

Hey guys, I forgot to take my metronome to college with me, and I could just have it shipped, but it wasn't very capable to begin with so I'm thinking about just getting another one. I was looking at those Dr. Beat DB-90's. They look so amazing, with every feature on a metronome that one would ever need. The only problem is that they cost like $170! Are all the features on this metronome that necessary? And if not, are there any equally capable metronomes for cheaper? Im mainly looking for an odd time feature and just normal metronome qualities, but I don't want to get the bare minimum just in case all these other features are actually not arbitrary and realy useful. Any info at al will help

Thanks a lot guys!

Re: ANOTHER METRONOME QUESTION (HELP)

I have the DB60 which is half the price. It has more features than I ever care to know. When I first started using a click, having set to shuffle or play 16th notes was useful. Now all I set it click the once each beat or sometimes on 2/4 or maybe just on 1.

I also have the DB30 which is like $30. It's tiny and clips to your clothing. I like it for pad work and the DB60 on my kit. Only thing I don't like about the DB30 is that it's powered by a watch battery and you need a screwdriver to change it. LAME!

I have a db-90. I got it becuase I wanted THE BEST money could buy, but it really isn't all that. The sounds that come out of it in the pre-programmed beats are really terrible sounding. I wish I would have got a rhythm watch, or a db60 instead. or even better just get a real drum machine. you can get a pretty good drum machine for the same price.

the db-90 does the job but it isn't all that. I use it for a click live and in rehearsals. the only feature I really like is that in rehearsals I can use the headphone out to listen with my in-ears and then I can run a 1/4" cable to the pa so the band can hear the click too.

If you use google, you could find a good cheap metronome for under 20.00 that doubles as a guitar tuner.

Back