My Set Up (work in progress)

joe_kickass

I started playing when i found this kit for $50 at the salvation army a little over a year ago. I knew right away that drumming was for me so i've spent the last year upgrading this kit bit by bit. Along with steadily replacing the cymbals and hardware, I refinished the shells in "Rich Mahogany" and wrapped cloth around each lug spring to kill sympathetic buzzing. I'm hoping to end up with a Bonham set up with some integrated world and electronic percussion. I still have a long ways to go, but i'm getting progressively less ashamed of my kit.

Let me know what you think

DSCN0477.jpg

DSCN0474.jpg

DSCN0478.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

DSCN0480.jpg

DSCN0472.jpg

DSCN0471.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

Specs
Percussions Plus Drums (Coated Emperor/ Clear Ambassador)
12x13
16x16
16x22 (Coated Emperor/Emad Reso)

Tama Metalworks snare 6.5x 14 (Hd Genera Dry/ Hazy 300)

Paiste 2002 Cymbals
20" Ride
15" Sound Edge Hats
16" Crash

18" Zildjian ZHT Medium Crash

Assorted Hardware
Gibraltar Percussion Table ($5 on clearance at GC)

Ludwig Speed King Pedal

That kit looks awesome, you did a great job. I've learned it takes awhile to get cheaper drums to sound good, but when you find the sweet spots they can sound great.

Not bad at all for a $50 kit. Looks great. You just need to lose the cinder blocks. Maybe you can attach some better spurs to the kick. Or maybe try a bass drum anchor.

Good stuff. The Paiste are my favorite but the passion for drumming with $50 startup investment is what you should be most proud of.

BTW, nice homage to Pulp Fiction with the clock set to 4:20. And yes to answer your next question: we here at DrummerWorld look at everything.

BTW, nice homage to Pulp Fiction with the clock set to 4:20. And yes to answer your next question: we here at DrummerWorld look at everything.
LOL that is awesome. And that kit is honestly beautiful, I love the finish and it looks really nice with the 2oo2s.

Thanks guys

Sadly, i'm not austrailian, i just dig the didge

And i put the cinder blocks there when i switched from a pearl double pedal, which had spikes, to the speedking. I was going to do something about it, but i'm about to get a new (well used, but new to me) bass drum, so i just left the blocks for the mean time.

hey man the kits looks great, and besides you mentioned John Bonham and you got a Thomas Pridgen poster on your wall, so your head is totally in the right place.
if makes you feel any better i got like a wal mart kit, well decaying shells and peeling wrap.

Awesome stuff, love that black label 2oo2. Pretty good deal for half a bill. I like refinished shells and the kit is set up totally comfortably. Oh yeah and I like the lighting effects on the floor tom!

Awesome stuff, love that black label 2oo2. Pretty good deal for half a bill. I like refinished shells and the kit is set up totally comfortably. Oh yeah and I like the lighting effects on the floor tom!

Thanks man, I actually got the black label for $20 on craigslist. It had a crack and some duct tape residue, lemon juice took care of the tape marks and I cut out the crack in my school's metal shop. Good as new.

Yeah they're a wicked instrument aren't they? Have you mastered it yet?
I love it. I can get a pretty good drone, but I'm still working on circular breathing

Man, if you love it and it inspires you to play every day, awesome. But I think that thing is hideous :). Sorry, I guess lots of people wouldn't like my kit either, just had to say it.

Do you have those lights in all your shells, or just the one? Cause I've seen some guys put them in their kits and it looks awesome on-stage.

Great setup and I dig the Lava Lamp!

I must have details on that stereo.

Neat set, too. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Actually, that might be the heater that just cycled on, but whatever.

Back