Vater Drumsticks, are you serious!?

Gave up on the nylons moons ago.Nothing worse than a like new stick and the head flies off.....

That is why I stopped using nylon tips decades ago. I have been told that is a much more rare occurrence these days.

I think I've had only one Vic nylon tip split in the last 11 years. I stay away from wood tips because they chip, and not just the Vics.

Bermuda

I find for the life of nylon and the sound of wood, Regal Tip nylon are the perfect mix. They have a nylon segmented tip that has a bit of give to it so it's not as harsh as the full nylon. I have had no issues in 6 years

I play Vic Firth American Classic 5B wood tips, as I have for a while. I've never had a problem with chipping tips since I switched to these. I used to chip a lot of tips when I used generic sticks. Now, I rimshot them to death long before the tip takes any significant damage.

Plus, I hate how nylon tips sound on cymbals. Gross.

Plus, I hate how nylon tips sound on cymbals. Gross.
I dislike the way that nylon tips sound on drumheads...the plastic-on-plastic sound drives me mad.

IIRC nylon tips were originally invented to make cymbals sound a little brighter (at least that's what I was told).

For the record...I use VF American Classic 5A...no undue problems with them, aside from normal wear-and-tear.

Vater guarantees their Nylon tips for the life of the stick. Here's a quote from their website…"Vater's Nylon tips are guaranteed not to fall off, crack or break for the performance life span of the drumstick." Maybe other stick companies have the same guarantee, I don't know. I assume breaking a nylon tip is relatively rare. At least Vater will help out if and when this occurs.

Vater guarantees their Nylon tips for the life of the stick. Here's a quote from their website…"Vater's Nylon tips are guaranteed not to fall off, crack or break for the performance life span of the drumstick." Maybe other stick companies have the same guarantee, I don't know. I assume breaking a nylon tip is relatively rare. At least Vater will help out if and when this occurs.

That does not mean they are any stronger than other sticks... If you sell them 1$ more that easily covers the occasional broken tip. You are just paying for a tip insurance. If you're not a hard hitter you should even avoid them because you're paying for the other people that ruin a tip every weekend :)

Sorry, sales guy giving away dirty little sales secrets :)

Back