Tommy Igoe

Re: Tommy Igoe-Best in the World

If you watch some of Bernhards prior videos you may change your opinion.

Long Live Richard Starkey

Judging by what Tommy says at the end of the "great hands" dvd, I don't think he believes in a drummer being the best.

I do beleive though he is one of the most watchable and best dvd teachers though. He always motivates me and makes me want to practise, and always lightens my mood too. It's great to just sit and bash away on the pad while watching "great hands" or the groove essentials dvds. I hope some day I can take some time out and go to New York and study with him for a while, and go to that jazz club he plays at on a Friday to watch the band - I imagine it'd be a great experience (nothing much like that in the UK unfortunately, not a great music scene over here anymore as far as I can see).

Even my non drummer house-mate doesn't mind watching when I have the dvd on.

I love JoJo's secret weapons dvd too, but great hands and groove essentials are the ones I find myself picking up most often right now.

I don't know if he's the best drummer. I don't know if there even is such a thing. The man has some serious chops though and can really groove.

More importantly though, I just love to watch the man play. He has so much positive energy and it transfers over so well. Sometimes when I'm bored I just switch on Groove Essentials and become motivated to practice. Maybe one day I can play medium samba...one day...

Maybe one day I can play medium samba...one day...

hah, glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble with that :)

and yes, according to his facebook updates he now plays Yamaha, he had a bunch of pics up of his unboxing of the kit and his first gig playing it

Hi
Dear Tommy,

Hope you are fine.

After you arranged the better places for the microphones on your kit, arrange the Gain for gets the Maximum peak(without clip or distortion) of them without attention to the leakages, or you use the Gain for Minimum leakages and use the ambiance sounds in your mix when you record in your studio?

Best Regards,
Ramtin HajatDoost
Tehran - Iran

Back