Album Art

tbmills

Gold Member
hey guys,

im am in and independent study where my brother and i made a small album. one of the requirements was some album art. i found a free album art program online and made these. the tree in the background is an india ink painting i did in high school. the idea i had was when the cd case is completely open, you see the white tree on the inside and the black tree on the out. by the way, the barcode is fake. we needed to have a potential spot for one, so i googled it.

what do yall think?
do yall have any album art that you have made?

lastly, what should i do for printing to get the best results? we have a printer, but its a crappy one. id like to take it somewhere to get it done but i dont know how to print this from my computer with the AudioLabel program on the kinkos printer...

1. front of the booklet
2. inside of the booklet
3. back of cd case
4. inside behind disc
5. disc

the red font came out blurry but its actually quite crisp...

Attachments

• front booklet.jpg
    front booklet.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 186
  • back booklet.jpg
    back booklet.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 175
  • back outside.jpg
    back outside.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 173
  • back inside.jpg
    back inside.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 176
  • disc.jpg
    disc.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Looks very nice!

I was just thinking that image could be used on a wide variety of genres. For whatever reason, death metal guys like using dead or leafless trees on thier artwork. To me, that's always been a symbol of dormant potential/renewal, not death.

Man, that is COOL! At first I thought the red on black was bit much on the eyes, but then I decided that that was the look you were going for, and it's perfect. Oh, and to print it at Kinko's do you have a laptop? Just bring the laptop to the store.

nice man really good on that looks professional,

any chance of finding out what program you used?

My only suggestion might be to make the text on the actual cd white rather than red.

It would stand out a bit more.

But it all looks really good.

Actually, come to think of it, the CD would be better if it was just a plain color, like black or white, with white or black for the title, and red for the songs. Because with the CD being the same tree design, it seems a bit repetitive. Usually the CD takes the main cover design, and uses a simpler or different variation of it. Just a thought.

Quite original and remarkable, I like the red letters, it gives some kind of flavour to the art.

Cheers,

love the art, TB.....think you an do more with the fonts to bring it alive.......fonts look a little dated and ...well...dated

love the art, TB.....think you an do more with the fonts to bring it alive.......fonts look a little dated and ...well...dated

your face is dated.
kidding. the program didnt really offer much on that front. i just wanted something clean and simple. i went to a local graphic designer and was looking at spending over $100 for something like this except with,... better fonts.

It's not art per se', But I did the design and photography for my last c.d.

Is my pearl copper snare on a set of defunct train tracks.

Attachments

• cd cover.jpg
    cd cover.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 89
Looks very nice! Great job.

You know what would really make this perfect? Get it professionally printed. On the inside spread, where the trees are black on dark gray, that's going to be hard to get a nice subtle contrast without going too light on the background. So get what they call a spot varnish or a UV coating on just the trees. Everything is 100% black, with the trees having that spot varnish as a 5th color (in addition to the 4-color cmyk). It's a glossy coating. Totally subtle, but it will really "pop" the trees. You could also do it on the red text on the exterior. Look around at books in a book store (if you can find one) for examples. It's a common practice on book covers.

CD Baby is a great place to go for printing CD covers, or doing the whole project, discs and all. Good luck with it!

I also like Aydee's black & white version with the larger title.

Back